Plywood Prices on the East Coast

I'm wondering what folks are paying for 3/4 cherry plywood these days. My local dealer in NJ has it onsale at the moment for 90 bucks a sheet (This is furniture grade cherry ply btw). I've heard of people paying more than 150 dollars a sheet. At that rate I think I might be tempted to use solid cherry for the entire project. Penny for your thoughts.....

Allen Koriakin

Reply to
Big Al

My two local contacts are $96 or $118 a sheet, located in CT.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Eastern PA $89, I can buy cherry for $2.35 in one common clear shorts.

Reply to
Rumpty

Al What is the Core, is it Veneer Core, Particle Board , MDF What is the Grade A-1, A-2, Is it plainsliced or Rotary, I just got a few sheets it was Plain sliced, A-1 Particle Board Core, for about 60.00 Here in AZ I had some 4/4 Cherry come in yesterday @ 5.03 Per foot Hope that helps. By the way AZ is not the best place for Hardwoods, The Distributers buy everything from the same places I used to purchase from when i was on the east coast. George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

I just got some 3/4 sliced, ply core, I'd say A-2 for about $90. But, other places around here it's $110 or more. DC 'burbs

Renata

Reply to
Renata

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Big Al) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Boulter is quoting $89 for A-1 on their website. I like to reference Boulter as a "standard", since they're a large dealer and I figure their prices should be better than typical.

The mechanical properties of plywood make it desirable for large slabs (i.e. the lack of expansion & contraction). Plus it's usually lighter than an equivalent glued up panel of solid wood, and it doesn't have to be flattened like a glued up panel.

That said, for most purposes I'd prefer to use solid wood in preference to a plywood panel.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Allen, who is your local dealer in NJ?