plywood or presswood

Page 2 of 2

.I flipped it over so the good side rests on the floor, This morning it was almost straight. 3 corners flat on the floor and the fourth one sticking up 3/4 of an inch. I placed the weights over the table again and I see tonight what happens. The board is relatively dry now.. maybe a few days to dry again..? k

.I flipped it over so the good side rests on the floor, This morning it was almost straight. 3 corners flat on the floor and the fourth one sticking up 3/4 of an inch. I placed the weights over the table again and I see tonight what happens. The board is relatively dry now.. maybe a few days to dry again..? k
I would like to know if by adding USP mineral oil on the board it will do the same as adding water, meaning will it twist again. Or once it has been straight for a few days, the wood will not be as much to warp ??
ken

choice for a cutting board bottom if there is any chance of it getting wet. Plywood should not warp if you glue it to the bottom of the board, if it is not glued it may experence some slight warping but not as much problem as the MDF would have if it got wet. JMO

Unless your blocks are perfectly sealed they are going to swell and contract over time with changes in humidity. I would not recommend glueing them to a substrate. The thickness you are describing should not warp if you attach it to a plywood or high density particle board substrate. I would secure the substrate to the support (cabinet?). I would then drill slightly oversize holes in the substrate and use just a few screws near the perimeter to keep the block from sliding. The idea is to keep it secure while letting it move a little as it swells and shrinks. Regards, Dave G.