Plywood Boomerang

You can make boomerangs that really come back when you throw them with plywood. See

dillbert

cabinets - they worked really well. The TV cabinet ply was approximately

1/4 inch thick, but I didn't need to sand them to aerofoil shape to get them to work, I just rounded off the top corners and that did the job. They flew best by having the pointed end facing outward (rather than backwards as in the webpage example) preferably into the wind. They would often land only a few feet from your feet - never did have the courage to actually catch it in mid air though :D

Ah - happy days... :)

Neil

Reply to
neilr

Fri, Oct 27, 2006, 2:19pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@spam.invalid (dillbert) doth claimeth: You can make boomerangs that really come back when you throw them with plywood.

Would they still come back if you threw them with pine instead of plywood?

JOAT If it can't kill you, it ain't a sport.

Reply to
J T