Plunge saw OnSaLe $120

In case anyone is interested. Never heard of the brand but looks like a fairly decent entry level
http://tools.woot.com/offers/scheppach-6-1-4-inch-blade-plunge-saw
$199 At Amazon
decent reviews
"ChairMan" wrote in message
In case anyone is interested. Never heard of the brand but looks like a fairly decent entry level
http://tools.woot.com/offers/scheppach-6-1-4-inch-blade-plunge-saw
$199 At Amazon
decent reviews ======================================================================Wouldn't it be nice if one of these companies coming out with these things would make their saw take 7.25 blades so you wouldn't have to stock another size?

I guess that's kinda of what Woodcraft is doing with their newest offering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJbVoRSvvvg

Quite pricey, considering you must supply the the saw.
TrueTrac 8' Combo Kit http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2085568/42793/truetrac-8-combo-kit.aspx
TrueTrac 4' Starter Kit http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2085568/42792/truetrac-4-starter-kit.aspx
On Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:48:47 AM UTC-7, Spalted Walt wrote:

Interesting, using the printer model. Sell the printer for cost and make a bundle on the exclusive consumables. Kind of dastardly.
On 5/23/2013 2:48 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

I don't see this being much better than the old saw guide made from a piece of hardboard and a straight piece of aluminum angle.
That product or one like it has been around for years.
On 5/23/2013 5:48 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

way over priced considering its just rail and plastic. you can buy a whole system for that price. (grizzly)
--
Jeff

On 5/23/2013 3:54 AM, CW wrote:

I knew it, lower the price to 1/4 of the Festool tool and some one is still going to still bitch.

I can't beleive the bitchin', I said it looked entry level with decent reviews some folks wouldn't be happy even if ya hung 'em with a new rope<g>
On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:46:37 PM UTC-7, ChairMan wrote:

I think "scheppach" is how you spell "Cheap ass" in Romanian or wherever this comes from.

A simple web search shows that Scheppach is a German GMBH, which builds some pretty nice woodworking machinery, including an interesting table saw (ts4020: 12" blade, about 4HP (3kw)).
scott
On 5/23/2013 12:43 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

You have to believe that even Germany has tool manufacturers that build for the Ryobi class consumer.
On 5/23/2013 6:19 PM, Leon wrote:

What a tool snob....
--
Jeff

On 5/23/2013 8:58 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Huh?
I am just saying that Germans like us have a variety of people to choose as a target potential customer. Just because it is German does not mean it is as good as any other German tool. I am not saying that the tool is good or bad but the price it is selling for is comparable to a Ryobi version of a tool. Not every one is going to buy Makita, Fein, DeWalt, etc.
On 5/23/2013 10:47 PM, Leon wrote:

AAAMOF the website indicates that the products that they sell are not necessarily made in Germany, rather they could only be engineered in Germany. Like my SawStop built in Taiwan but engineered and owned by an American company this particular track saw and the Grizzly track saw that appears to be identical except in color may very well also be built in Taiwan.
I might be a tool snob if I did not buy Triton, Jet, Grizzly, Craftsman, etc. and only bought Laguna, Festool, Fein etc. But I probably have more of those less glitzy brands than I do Festool and Laguna products. Not every one can justify paying for all top priced brand products, that is why there are different quality and priced tools. Just because it is made or engineered in Germany does not mean that it is the best and just because it is made in China it is crap.

+1 In my older age I'm trying to buy the best tool for the job at the best price I can find As you said, there are certain tools I *will* spend more for and others that will only be used occasionally that make no sense to spend $$$$$$ when the $$ will surfice And high cost does *NOT* always guarantee quality.
"Leon" wrote:

-------------------------------- They are called importers.
Lew
On 5/23/2013 12:46 AM, ChairMan wrote:

And if you want it in green you can get if from Grizzly!
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Track-Saw/T10687

yabbut, the one on woot was only a buck twenty :p