Plumbing update

Toilet fixed. One trip to Ace. The only thing I can't figure out is how my dog removed the tank top, removed the flapper, chewed the crap out of it, replaced it and put the top back on.
Larry
PS: This modest success story will not go to my head. Plumbing remains the blackest of the black arts.
On 11/16/2013 9:31 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:

Always remember this golden rule to plumbing,
Never under tighten and never over tighten a fitting. How do you know if you did it correctly? You don't have water damage months later.
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:31:34 -0800, Gramps' shop wrote:

Hmmmm. Must have been your dog that chewed off the end of the down pipe from our bathroom sink. Looked like the drain monster had been gnawing on it.
BTW, this was 57 year old plumbing and every time I fixed one leak another sprung up. I gave up and called the plumber. He said that wasn't unusual on stuff that old. Plumbing just isn't one of my talents.
--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.
Hey, I had success also! Not only did it take me 7 hrs, the plumber was there for 6 hrs. and together we wrestled a fiberglass tub into an existing tile platform. The plumbing was all wrong, drain at one end and supply at other. We had to remove a cabinet to access drain end, and then go outside to cut a hole and access other end where supply line was..... Needless to say after 7 bags of mortar mix, and setting the tub into place on the concrete floor with mortar mix for bedding, it was done! The concrete floor was 7 inches below tub base! It was a recently purchased owner built home with this left for the new owner.. Or should I say left for me to figure. The darn faucets would barely work right for the tub since the tile was installed prior to faucet install....so, the space was negligible. I had to relieve the tile area so that the faucet assembly would fit tight to the tile top...... I could go on...I am already boring you... john "Gramps' shop" wrote in message
Toilet fixed. One trip to Ace. The only thing I can't figure out is how my dog removed the tank top, removed the flapper, chewed the crap out of it, replaced it and put the top back on.
Larry
PS: This modest success story will not go to my head. Plumbing remains the blackest of the black arts.
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

Among cruising sailors, there is an old adage:
"There are no hardware stores at sea."
IOW, if you have a device on board, you also have a full set of spares for the device.
Same applies to your abode.
Saves lots of extra trips to the hardware store.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

There are times when a spare is a fully assembled and tested replacement device in addition to the individual replacement parts.
An example on a boat is a head pump.
Repairing a head on a boat makes changing out a toilet on land feel like a form of fun entertainment.
Lew
On 11/16/2013 7:52 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

A-Men, Brudder!
My garage is full of spares..... I still end up at the hardware looing for that special fit...... I guess that is why they have life boats? john