Plumber's tape needed?

Page 4 of 5
Holy Crap!
72 Posts on Plumber's Tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are life-deficient.
RonB

But, but, but.... I got to dream of women draped out in Teflon tape.
That's a life isn't it?

Good troll for a non-political question. :-)
Luigi

We did pretty well with a 'summer dresses' thread-jack once.........those were the days. Summer dresses are wonderful... unless it's on that bitch Ann Coulter, then anything looks like a pillowcase full of doorknobs.
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:24:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

u be dissin' blANNd cOOter?
dincha never think 'bout bumpin' uglies wif a 10 speed bike?
Regards,

I need some mind- and eye bleach after accidentally having seen an image of Cooter.
http://tinyurl.com/mx8hag
SUMMER DRESSES RULE!!!
Robatoy wrote:

dreams, that.     8-O

Last wet dream I had, I dreamt that there was a hole in the eaves- trough , and that my window was open, and that the wind was blowing rainwater into the bedroom... . . . . I used to like wet dreams.
"Robatoy" wrote:
----------------------------------------------------- We did pretty well with a 'summer dresses' thread-jack once.........those were the days. Summer dresses are wonderful... unless it's on that bitch Ann Coulter, then anything looks like a pillowcase full of doorknobs. ---------------------------------------------------------
Look out, Palin's back.
So youl have another pillowcase full of doorknobs to join Coulter
Lew .

On the humpability scale, Palin ranks quite a bit higher than that scarecrow Coulter. Still not as high as Bebe Neuwirth though.
"Robatoy" wrote: ------------------------------------------------ On the humpability scale, Palin ranks quite a bit higher than that scarecrow Coulter. Still not as high as Bebe Neuwirth though. -------------------------------------------------
Take your pick, but one way or another, a gag must be standard issue.
Lew
Robatoy wrote:

I don't agree. I think Coulter's pretty good looking (being rich is a plus). And Sarah Palin. In fact, all the conservative women you see on TV are pretty foxy - even Michelle Malkin.
Conversely....

What, you don't think Nancy Pelosi is Hot? How about Whoopie Goldberg, Rosie O'Donnel, and Joy Behar?

Man, you must be god's gift to ugly women.
Cooter'd be skanky even in Brail.
Regards,

In Braille, I would come to a dead stop the second I hit that adams apple. Besides that, Cooter has 2 elbows per arm. She's a freak! (Mentally as well.) (Politically, she's the same as Glen Beck and Rush Limburger... saying all kinds of 'controversial/ stupid shit to attract those who are open to that banter... like the hungry/lost/leaderless conservatives.... so she can sell books.)
She's a douchebag and I apologize to all the other douchebags out there.

THERE NOW!!!
At least I steered you guys in a more productive direction.
Plumbers Tape...............Jeeeeeessschh!
RonB
Doug Miller wrote:

About 30 feet from where I'm sitting? Are you suggesting compression fittings are not used in air lines? I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one to use a compression fitting on an air, or a gas line.
Anyway, if one is using a compression fitting, pipe dope or tape is not needed, and may in fact be detrimental to the connection. I have seen compression fittings where pipe dope was used on the joint by someone who didn't know any better.
--
Jack

Not suggesting they're not used, just suggesting they're not common.

As long as you keep it on the threads, and off the ring, where's the harm?

Typically compression fittings are brass which are self lubricating and the threads do not provide any seal.
Doug Miller wrote:

I guess we could argue common, not common all day and get no where. I would guess it depends on what you are connecting together. Sometimes a compression fitting is common, sometimes not. Air lines commonly have flexible copper tubing for example and it is very common to use brass compression fittings where they connect to standard pipe. You would use pipe dope on the pipe thread, but not on the compression fitting.

No harm other than a waste of time. Brass compression fittings simply don't need dope on the threads. You could put pipe dope along the entire length of pipe and do no harm, but it begs the question, why?
--
Jack