Pls help.....How to remove stains on concrete ?

Pls help.....How to remove stains on concrete ?

Our home has stains on concrete from pots and other things. The stains are on the driveway, in front of main entrance door and back patio.

I was told that pressure cleaning might loosen the very tiny pebbles on the concrete or damage the concrete.

Is there an easy and economical way to get these out ?

Any other ideas ?

Any particular products ? Brands ? Where to buy them ?

Has any one any experience in removing such stains ?

Thanks in advance,

irfan smith

Reply to
irfansmith

Try "kitty liter".

Cover stain with K/L, wait 10 days, see what happens.

Works for oil and grease stains.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Knotbob

If the concrete has an exposed pebble finish you need to be careful with pressure washing.

If its just a plain concrete pressure washing is fine.

I would use a little laundry detergent and a scrub brush on the stain , wet the whole area down first, scrub then rinse. A heavy spray from a garden hose may help.

Reply to
marks542004

There is nothing more difficult to remove than iron rust stained deep into concrete. Not even strong acid work - it just eat up the concrete but not the stain. Then you could dissolve some of the rust on the surface but then how do you suck out the rest in the pores? Even if you remove the iron stain completely now it won't match with the rest of the concrete.

If other than deep iron rust you could try the industrial pressure washer with hot steam and adjust the pressure down so you don't blow away the pebbles.

What the presure wash do is clean that portion of the concrete so well that you end up washing the whole driveway just to make it match.

Reply to
# Fred #

TSP - tri sodium phosphate from any store selling cleaning products. Comes in a small container like baking soda or 1 pint of milk. Read the label carefully. This stuff is caustic. It will remove most stains from concrete including oils.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

If it's rust, try using some 'iron out'. It will usually get rid of the rust stains. it is for laundry, but I have used it in the toilet tanks, dogs water dish, almost everything that will get a rust stain. Never tried it on concrete, but will if I run into it.You can usually get it at the grocery, or some home centers have it cheaper. I buy the large bottle to keep on hand. We have a hard water well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3625 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Burgy

If it's rust, try using some 'iron out'. It will usually get rid of the rust stains. it is for laundry, but I have used it in the toilet tanks, dogs water dish, almost everything that will get a rust stain. Never tried it on

Reply to
Burgy

Trust Me! It works on concrete. I live in the northern cilmes, and after shoveling snow I sometimes get lazy. I just leave the steel edged snow shovel on the concrete front porch. By the end of winter I have a half dozen rust streaks on the porch. When spring comes, I give it a shot of "iron out" and a little water form the hose and the rust just disapears.

Joe

Reply to
10x

Have you tried ammonia? Use it on a small section as a test, it's only $1 for a jug at walmart.

And you can use leftover to clean your kitchen. ;-) Note: the stuff removes varnish and whatever else it contacts, be careful.

Reply to
kellyj00