Plexiglass for router table - Where to get? Really necessary?

I have been buying 3/8" cutting boards at Bed Bath and Beyond and making all my inserts from the plastic material.

It is fairly tru as far as the surface goes, flexs a bit and is easy to work with.

I make router, table saw and any number of other inserts and some fixtures from them.

Reply to
Jay Giuliani

MSC mscdirect.com

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Do you really mean Plexiglas or a generic clear "plastic" sheeting? I would recommend that you look for Lexan (or polycarbonate) sheeting instead of the acrylic that is Plexiglas.

Rockler lists it in their on-line store -

On the other hand, how important is transparency anyway? What problem

Transparency can be handy but rigidity and impact resistance are more important.

Reply to
Bob Haar

Use a 1/2" Fostner bit to do the corners...

Reply to
David G. Nagel

That would give me a 1/4" radius.

Reply to