Plenty of time for woodworking

I've been lurking here for a few years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Finally I have all the time in the world to pursue my favorite pastime. In January I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. To make a sad story short, I'm going on disability for a while. Guess what I'm going to do.

SteveC

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Reply to
SteveC1280

What's your location? Because there is a doctor who has invented a way to cure brain tumors, Dr Black, and is actually black. Eastern seaboard somewhere. With his method, when he is set up to do it there is 20 minute time window in which he uses some sort of tool to go into the center of the tumor and kill it from "within"... As I saw in the documentary it mostly works. My Aunt just recovered from breast cancer, and it had grown too far into the lymph nodes. She won!

Very sorry to hear about your condition, I sincerely hope you recover. And do very much enjoy your woodworking.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Hi Alex,

I know this is a little off topic for this group. I live in NH. My tumor was attacked the same way, from the inside out. It was completely removed, but the damage done has left me handicapped. I should be able to do some limited wood working though. Thanx for your concern.

Stevec

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Reply to
SteveC1280

All of us are living on borrowed time, whether we realize it or not. To create something that will live longer than I will is very satisfying. So, I can understand the inclination to pursue that hobby now. Just be careful, as vision and balance and stability tend to fade with time.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Steve - please make a rapid and full recovery! Don't put off getting better just to get more shop time! :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

Okay so that technique was applied in your case, good to hear! My uncle was not as lucky, that technology had not existed yet. After the operation he lasted two years, back in the early 80's, as another tumor developed in the same location, he declined a second procedure and let go.

In your work you will find yourself becoming more innovative because your intuition will "wake-up" more than in the past, interesting changes.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Steve I just want to wish you a speedy recovery and to state that you're attitude,and fortitude is to be commended. Make the most out of it.

Reply to
dteckie