Please help Me!

Hello all Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me? I would really appreciate your help in this regard.
Best Regards
Sacha Brassel
http://www.surf2site.com

Did you get this in your email?
Andy wrote:

No, but I did! Stop it. ;)

No, you read the replies in the newsgroup just like everybody else. Jim
Jim wrote:

It depends on what the person sending the reply does. He can either post it to the newsgroup, or email it to you. If he emails it, nobody but you will see it.
Sacha:
This is a newsgroup, not a forum. This is wide open to all, and everyone, who wants to read. I presume your domain mweb.co.za means you are in South Africa.
You should not EVER use your email address on a place like this. Lots of Trolls and other bad guys try to find email address for email spam. You need to modify your newsreader to list your address to be something that hides, or spoofs, your address; something like snipped-for-privacy@southafricanospam.co.za as an example of a spoofed address. You pick your own.
Again, not safe to use your real name or email in a place like this. Saw Mill Creek Forum, which is hosted and moderated, is different story.
Phil
"Sacha Brassel" wrote in message

There's no problem with using your real name. I bin doing that for 15+ years and no-one's come to take my kneecaps out with a shotgun yet, nor asked for my first born billy goat. Huh, I can remember days when people NOT using their real name were not taken seriously on newsgroups ;-)
Using your real email address is a different story. But, actually, spammers don't seem to trawl usenet so much any more. Hey, half the spammers don't even know what usenet is! They mostly tend to use webpage crawlers these days for email address harvesting, and spyware that leeches peoples Outlook addressbooks.
-P.

Yes, I agree that may be true. I, however, in my gut cannot trust what I want to be true, to be in fact true. Just a clinched gut reaction.
Phil

I was going to disagree, but I checked. I use unique e-mails tagged with the date on my postings here, so I know WHEN the spammers harvested my e-mails. According to my logs, I got three spam attempts this week from adresses harvested in May 2006.
In other words, they haven't harvested any of my USENET addresses since June 2006.