Playset plans and mitre saws

I just purchased a home and my kids have requested a backyard playset. I think I'm up to the task, plus it gives me a good reason to buy a compound mitre saw! I'm hoping for advice/recommendations on three issues.
First, I live in the midwest (humid, hot summers and cold winters), so I'm wondering whether I'm safe using pressure-treated pine or should spend extra for cedar?
Second, can you recommend alternate sites for playset plans besides the standard ones sold by Lowes/Home Depot?
Third, can group members please recommend their favorite compound mitre saw for a newbie on a budget of $300 or less? Also, will a 10" mitre saw be enough to cut 4x4's and 4x6's, or do I need a 12" model?
Cheers,
John
Building a playset is carpentry, not woodworking. (I am not saying anything bad about carpentry, it just isn't woodworking!)
Any miter saw will work fine for you. The cheaper ones are not as precise and maybe won't last 20 years of 24/7 use, but do you care about that?
A 10" won't do a 4x6 on a single cut, so you turn it over and finish. How many thousand do you expect to cut? The 12" are much heavier and somewhat more expensive; you probably want a 10".
John, Check out http://playstarinc.com/chb-front.asp I built this in a Saturday. A 10" saw will be fine. This kit has the plans and materials cut lists plus all the hardware except deck screws.
Let me recomend this. If you are going to invest in a tool get skip the CMS (if you have a circular saw). and get a good elec. driver.
I have my eye on this
http://www.hitachi.us/Apps/hitachicom/CordlessTools/144volt/144voltdetails/WH14DMB%20-%2014.4V%201_4%20in.%20Impact%20Driver.html&level=2&section=CordlessTools&parent 4volt&nav=left&path=jsp/hitachi/forhome/PowerTools/&nId=iD
When I built mine I used a corded milwalke.
Or get both!
I would use square drive screws too.
I am moving and plan on building from a kit from this company again once I am in my new place.
Probably building http://playstarinc.com/super-star.asp
Have fun
-B
<John> wrote in message

Impact drivers are GREAT! I tried the 12V Hitachi with the 2.0 AH batteries and was satisfied with everything except the battery runtime. Returned it to the local borg and ordered the Makita 14.4V with 2.6 AH batteries from Coastal Tool and have been very satisfied with the runtime. A bit more money, but I only need one for this lifetime. Tom