Playing the Building by David Byrne

Now that's interesting! I suppose if the diaphragm was big enough the tone would be very low hertz and vibrate your internal organs (are there external organs? Don's answer that!).

RicodJour

I had the impression that wires were attached to nails in the walls (outside). I went browsing and all I came up with were electric ones on YouTube. Anyone have a link to a version of an acoustic one? Maybe they just don't make 'em like they used to?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I've never met Mr. Bryne, but I did attend one of their Stop Making Sense tour stops, the tour that the movie was made from.

We live a pretty conservative area, so selling out a large arena for the Talking Heads wasn't going to happen. Instead, they cut the local War Memorial in half, creating a horseshoe shaped arena that was packed with about 8000 raucous fans.

I used to live in NYC and attended lots of concerts at MSG, Central Park, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Fillmore East, The Meadowlands, etc.

The Stop Making Sense concert ranks amongst the top few concerts that I've ever attended.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Whgat if you had a gig on the road? Hard to get that building into a van.

Reply to
tmurpha1hi