Playing the Building by David Byrne

Page 2 of 2

Interesting. Were the wires attached to the walls and the walls acted as the drum skin?

Yup. I'm thinking of replacing my doorbell with one.

Now that's interesting! I suppose if the diaphragm was big enough the tone would be very low hertz and vibrate your internal organs (are there external organs? Don's answer that!).
Father Haskell wrote:

I had the impression that wires were attached to nails in the walls (outside). I went browsing and all I came up with were electric ones on YouTube. Anyone have a link to a version of an acoustic one? Maybe they just don't make 'em like they used to?
Bill