Playhouse for boys AND girls

I have two grandchildren - one boy & one girl (so far)

The project for next spring is a playhouse for the cottage. I've been looking at a lot of plans on the internet and had a lot of help from the archives of the group. I'd like to make a playhouse that looks like a gingerbread cottage on one side and a fort/castle/stockade on the other. Any ideas?

George

Reply to
George

No... what you should do is make a playhouse that has a garrage/workshop attached. get your grandson some tools and wood and get him hooked. ;) If you're really lucky, your granddaughter will throw him out and start the craft herself... and he can become a cook.

Reply to
Philip Lewis

Actually the granddaughter is already all over my workshop - can't handle tools yet since she's only 2. Grandson is still on the bottle (milk not booze)

I expect the project to take me most of next summer and be ready the following year.

Cottages are great for woodworking. George

Reply to
George

Friend of mine has done this - built a pretty traditional English Midlands timbered house; black oak beams and white plasterwork between. To convert it between gingerbread / fortified manor house, drape two sets of painted canvas banners over the outside. One has a big heraldic banner, the other is two narrow banners with climbing roses painted on them.

Andy Dingley