Plastic Resin Glue

Does anyone have a good source for plastic resin glue? Our local WoodCraft store does not carry it.

TIA

Reply to
Ajax

I get mine at true value or ace. should be one near you.

Reply to
Rich

I never thought of True Value or Ace Hardware. I have at least two of them right here in town.

Thanks

Reply to
Ajax

Some of the local borgs carry it also.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

What is a local borg?

Reply to
Ajax

Fri, Feb 24, 2006, 12:58am snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Ajax) doth admit: OI never thought of True Value or Ace Hardware.

So we thought.

JOAT If you have something to say, raise your hand. Then shove it in your mouth.

Reply to
J T

Started years ago in this newsgroup. Refers to the borgs in Star Trek that would come in and assimilate everything around it. It is similarly ascribed to big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas

Big Orange Retail Giant.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

Just bought some at my local Ace hardware $5.99 for a qt. You can order larger containers and pick up locally at,

Renowood

While we're on the subject, I have a question about that stuff. I've used it once and I'm still experimenting, but I know I used the amount of water I was supposed to, and even a little bit more, but it was still really thick and pasty.

Is that something that usually happens, that you have to use enough water to give it the right consistency, and often it's different than what the label says, or did I get a bad batch or do something wrong or something?

So far, the piece we glued up is holding up just fine. The glue just didn't behave the way I expected it to.

Reply to
else24

I've only used the Weldwood brand of Plastic Resin Glue and it does not behave that way. Plastic resin glue is known for being thin and requires a good fit as it is not a gap filler. When mixed as directed my plastic resin glue is about the same consistency as a new bottle of children's white glue.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon