Plastic dust mat/s question

The other day I was at a hospital where there was construction going on and outside of every office door there was a blue plastic layered sticky mat that would release any dust your shoes may have had on them, and when the mat became full all they would do is peel a plastic layer off of the mat and a new one would appear. I thought this was an excellent idea and would like to get some for my basement woodshop so that I wouldn't track so much dust through the house and my SWMBO would be happy. My shop dust collection system doesn't get it all. Do any of you out there know anything about these mats and where they may be purchased? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Scott

Here's one place:

no(SPAM)vasys

I know that these mats are used in the transition areas from radioactive sites. I find it effective to use the DC hose on clothing, hair, and shoes when leaving the shop. At the very least, removing shoes before entering the living area will help stop the "trail of sawdust."

Reply to
Phisherman

My thought on this is that while they may work well in locations that are temporary transition areas, in my shop they would probably just get a coating of dust and become ineffectual quicker than I'd like. So the cost per use would be pretty high. But I haven't priced them out either. I'd think the other posters suggestion of hooking up a flexible dust collector or shopvac hose close to the door would be better. If nothing else, it won't just remove the dust off the bottoms of your feet. Of course, maybe if you rolled around on the sticky matt...

Reply to
Clint