plastic carrying case

Hello,
I got a framing nailer for Xmas and I would like to find a plastic carrying case for it...
I google a bit but havent found much (I found one place but they want like 60$), the box I would need would be app. 15(h) x 22(l) x 7(t). Any one know where I could find this?
Thanks Christian
Garage sale may have a suit case or old camcorder case. Goodwill or Salvation Army or other thrift stores may have something. Use a chunk of foam to make it fit the case better.

You want cheap?
Go to a thrift store and look at the luggage. A large briefcase will probably run you $5 to $10. Hot glue in some Styrofoam blocks and you are all set.
Look for the rigid plastic luggage. This will probably outlast the softer stuff.
--

Roger Shoaf

Christian wrote:

aluminum briefcase from Harbor freight, cut styrofoam to fit it and cut a pattern with a saw tooth knife. Otherwise, use the case, adn 3" foam and set the nailer in it. The case is usually on sale for about $15.

I had one of those HF cases. It is cheep Chinese plywood covered with a thin skin of the aluminum. They fall apart.
--

Roger Shoaf

Hmmmmm... I have one of the HF cases that I use to carry my mics around and it's been great. Maybe it's not the same one you bought. Mine is about a foot long or so and about 8 or 9 inches wide. I think it's about 4 or 5 inched deep and is foam filled. I don't think mine has any plywood in it though. I'm sure I could break it, but then again I could break most of the cases for tools if I tried. My HF case does a good job of protecting my mics and that's all I ask of it.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I dropped by the manufacturer's repair/retail outlet and grabbed one. Wasn't that much ($10ish, IIRC) and certainly was a perfect fit...
snipped-for-privacy@nospamsyix.com writes:

Years ago, when I was using my 35mm camera a lot, I bought one of the small aluminum suitcases, used foam inserts which I cut for my lenses, etc. It worked extremely well and offered good protection. Most people didn't even realize it was a standard (from those years) suitcase I was using. That it was red helped a bit, perhaps. It was also waterproof (maybe) because of the sealant on the edges. If you are lucky enough to find something like that, it will work very well. Mine cost me less than $10 with the bulk of the price being the foam (packing type, of course).
Perhaps a large cosmetic case would be the right size for your nailer. Good luck on finding something that is just right. The advantage of a piece of metal luggage is that those were made for rough handling in baggage areas and they are lightweight. I found two light blue ones a bit larger than the one from before with the idea that eventually, I'll have a use for them for the granddaughters (other than for luggage<g>). When I can find aluminum luggage that is in top shape for $3 a case, that *is* a good deal. :-)
This is written with the understanding that aluminum may not be the metal used, but those of you who have seen them, know what I'm talking about.
Good luck.