Plastic Cabinet Legs & Granite Countertop

Seeking advice from the group.
Anyone have any real life experience using these legs for base cabinets supporting granite countertop?
My countertops will be 1 1/4" thick not the lighter 3/4" slabs.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&catid (&objectgroup_id‘&offerings_idR17
Specs show 450lb/leg rating thus installation pattern...
x x
x x = 1800lb
or... x x
x x = 2250lb
All seems good, but what about real world experience?
Thanks in advance, Drew
Add pictures here
✖
I installed my own 1-1/4" granite counter tops. The largest piece was 24" x 9': handled by two people. It was probably in the neighborhood of 325 lbs. I don't recall what the quarry guy told be for lbs/sf but it was no where near the load ratings that you are referring to.
You should be fine. -Steve

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&catid (&objectgroup_id‘&offerings_idR17
Add pictures here
✖
Granite weighs 168# per cubic foot. You should be able to handle the math from there.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

just to make a note- those legs are meant to be installed in situations where there is will be no racking forces on them, such as base cabinets that are fastened to a wall. I'd be leery of using them as the only support for an island or a long peninsula.
also, if you are putting a lot of weight on top of the cabinet make sure that the cabinet is designed to transfer the weight to the legs.
yeah, I know, it doesn't answer your question, but others have done that. ; ^ )     Bridger
Add pictures here
✖
Bridger wrote...

Thanks,
All of these base units are to be secured to back wall, even the peninsular plan will be up against a supporting wall for bar top so no shear should involved. I always build for disaster anyway, that is why my question, By spec these leveler/feet should support the weight, and I will design base cabs to transfer all weight to the legs.
No word of warning so far, so I think I will go with this method.
Thanks, Drew
Add pictures here
✖