Plans for musical notes

Do you mean the figures of notes? I don' tknow hte names of them aside from do re mi. Take some music and blow it up on a copy machine and use that as a template. You could use a panograph also.

Reply to
RE Quick Transit

First you start with an instrument, and then you manipulate it in the most appropriate way to make notes come out.

Or did you have something else in mind? :)

Reply to
Silvan

Whoops, I hit send before I got to the real part of the message... :)

I guess you're looking for scrollsaw patterns or such? Probably the easiest thing to do is just take some on-screen music notation and blow it up to a suitable size, then print it.

Let me know what kind of thing you're after, and what sizes, and I can hook you up with some PDF files or something. I develop music notation software for Linux. Pictures of notes I have in spades.

Reply to
Silvan

"fortuna" wrote in news:89hgd.22620$rs5.970852 @news20.bellglobal.com:

I'd suggest starting with looking at a basic music book...or perhaps a Google image search:

at them a while. Then take a pencil and pad of paper, and start sketching until you get something you like (don't copy... make what you see in your head, not with your eyes). Slap some measurements on it, depending on what you're trying to do. If you want the video to go with that measured drawing though, you'll have to shoot it yourself.

Have fun!

Reply to
Kurt

Try

the others at

TWS

I made some really wild musical notes this morning while reading the paper in the bathroom. Chili night usually does that.

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Salestermite wrote:>I made some really wild musical notes this morning while reading the paper

Ewwww. But, music _is_ just sound in time... Tom Work at your leisure!

Reply to
Tom

If you're using Windows, download one of many free music note true type fonts. A quick google search yielded:

Larry Bud

May I suggest googling for the images, and size on your printer or copy machine. Then just use tack spray and head to your scroll saw. JOE

Reply to
joetaxpayer

Does anybody know of any plans or site on how to make musical notes?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
fortuna

(didn't actually look) are TrueType or Adobe format (most fonts these days are) then it's no problem using them on Linux, and most likely BSD, OS-X and everything else in the world too. No Windows required. Though maybe SOL if anyone is still running DOS.

Reply to
Silvan

The OP might need to futz with the proportions. Some of the elements of fonts appear out of proportion when the font is blown up excessively.

Compare, for example, Times Roman 30pt versus Times Roman 10Pt at 3x magnification.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles