plans for Japanese torii gate

I've looked high and low for plans for a Japanese torii gate, I've been all over google [groups and web] to no avail. Anyone have any idea where I could find plans for one of these?
advTHANKSance! Wookie
hmmmmmm...........404 error
sure wish you'd learn how to do a search ......;-)
Bob S.
">

Wookie, I spent 2 years in Japan and I have hundreds of pictures of Tori Gates. I was intrigued by the incredible variety of styles and sizes. I saw them built of concrete, stainless steel, traditional wood beams, telephone poles and branches that fell from the trees. There's really no wrong way to build a Tori Gate if it looks like a Tori Gate to you. If you want a couple of pictures of authentic Tori Gates, I'll be happy to send you some.
DonkeyHody

On 11 Dec 2003 11:30:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Wookie) brought forth from the murky depths:

I found these instructions in 3 minutes flat. http://scarlettrose.com/toriigate.html (cardboard not included)
one of 8,380 results in 0.48 seconds. http://www.google.com/search?q=torii+gate
----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Torii gates are essentially three pieces: The supporting posts, thecrossbar, and the decorative top bar. How you assemble it is largely up to you, however the more ornate or 'ostentatious', the more elaborate the scene behind it should be. Traditionally you should consider timberframing style joinery.
Dave

I saw that one too, I didn't realize they were made from concrete. I was looking for something more... wood. SWMBO wants a bed in this style
Thanks for the help, Wookie
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote