plans for Japanese torii gate

I've looked high and low for plans for a Japanese torii gate, I've been all over google [groups and web] to no avail. Anyone have any idea where I could find plans for one of these?

advTHANKSance! Wookie

Reply to
Wookie

hmmmmmm...........404 error

sure wish you'd learn how to do a search ......;-)

Bob S.

">

Reply to
Bob S.

Wookie, I spent 2 years in Japan and I have hundreds of pictures of Tori Gates. I was intrigued by the incredible variety of styles and sizes. I saw them built of concrete, stainless steel, traditional wood beams, telephone poles and branches that fell from the trees. There's really no wrong way to build a Tori Gate if it looks like a Tori Gate to you. If you want a couple of pictures of authentic Tori Gates, I'll be happy to send you some.

DonkeyHody

Reply to
DonkeyHody

On 11 Dec 2003 11:30:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Wookie) brought forth from the murky depths:

I found these instructions in 3 minutes flat.

not included)

one of 8,380 results in 0.48 seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------- When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright ----------------------------
Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Torii gates are essentially three pieces: The supporting posts, thecrossbar, and the decorative top bar. How you assemble it is largely up to you, however the more ornate or 'ostentatious', the more elaborate the scene behind it should be. Traditionally you should consider timberframing style joinery.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

I saw that one too, I didn't realize they were made from concrete. I was looking for something more... wood. SWMBO wants a bed in this style

Thanks for the help, Wookie

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote

Reply to
Wookie

replying to Wookie, Ron Williams wrote: Guys, guys! Don't be so lazy, Use you're Heads for other else than Driving Nails. Type into the Search Engine; Japanese Torii Gate. Before you have completed the input you will be given an answer. Look through the offerings untill you find a picture that is pleasing to your Eye.. When these things were invented there were signs that were used for the purpose or someone decided they would like to make a Symbol to their religion or Gods. It, I believe is, Represents the Gateway To Heaven/Nirvana (Some Such). There are ,to my knowledge, no definite dimension. Therefore I suggested the picture that is most pleasing to you're Eye is the best to use . Now measure it up work out those dimensions and go with your Heart.. Good Luck. Oh! P.S. Mine Is to be my Bead Head using Tassie Black wood Stained Black and Red.. Traditional.

Reply to
Ron Williams

Ron, Ron! Don't be so lazy. Use your eyes for other else than reading the text.

This thread is 15 years old.

Reply to
DerbyDad03