Plans for chop saw stand

Looking for plans for a chop saw stand.
TIA
Cap'n
There's one in the latest copy of "Woodcraft" magazine, for starters. G'luck. Tom

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID150
--
Regards,
See " Plans for choop saw stand" at ABPW.

Here's a mobile-base one:
<http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip030926sn.html
That's a cool one. Wants two drawers, no?

Consider a discarded gas grill frame. Nice working height, easily accepts some MDF or some plywood to fashion infeed and out feed surfaces, is open between what used to be the two side tables which provides an ideal place to set the chop saw, comes on wheels, is light yet sturdy.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Yup. That was the URL I posted.
;-)

accepts
open
place to

Cool - I hadn't seen the url. Shows to go ya - great minds really do think alike.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Hmmmm. If I trash my grill, that means I get a new grill plus a chop saw stand. Wonder what SWMBO will have to say about that? <GR>
Mike Marlow wrote:

I built mine from Woodsmith / Shop Smith plan, can't find plan number now.
Wings knock down and store in the base. Not a bad performer but DO NOT USE MDF unless to laminate top and bottom and seal any exposed edges. I'd never use MDF for such a jig/tool stand again..

never
Most anyone here can tell you that I'm no fan of MDF - I never have anything good to say about the crap. That said, I used MDF for mine simply because I had some laying around after making my one and only mistake of buying the junk for a project. So - I used it on my miter stand. As much as I hate to say anything at all good - or even close to good about MDF, it has held up well. I've been waiting several years for the junk to swell or something so I could justify replacing it with a nicely painted cherry board...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:24:21 GMT, "Gooey TARBALLS"

I built a modified version of that and it works beautifully, although in retrospect, since I never break it down, that feature was a little wasted on me. I ended up building multiple separate stops on each end of the extended fence as well as making the fence adjustable since my chopsaw's fence is multi-position. I've yet to find anything that it can't handle. I saw the plan again in the last month's "Small Shop Fixtures" or something from Shop Smith.
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea.asp?id 21
Bob
How big ????
Do you need portable ???