plans for acoustic computer enclosure?

Page 6 of 6
Christopher Glaeser wrote:

Check the options on the BIOS set-up screen. On many of the higher end system you can view the system temperatures.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Best monitoring location is the heat sink of the processor. Measuring either intake or exhaust air means NOTHING if air flow is restricted. Air temperature INSIDE the case is a poor second to measuring actual component temperature, but a giant leap forward from measuring either intake or exhaust air.

I disagree. The best place is at the level of the computer components that are of most concern - CPU chip, memory, etc. Some chips have built-in temp sensing that can be monitored.

Model railroaders often complain of noise from their trains, and go through several lengths building the benchwork to minimize the noise. The track base consists of plywood and homasote, a pressed paper like material. There are no nails from the track in to the plywood, and in most cases the homasote is glued to the plywood. This helps quiet the vibration noise. (Some of us simply use thicker plywood that doesn't transmit sound like the thinner stuff.)
What about pictures and plans for a shop vac enclosure? They'd seem to have the same problems of heat and noise.
Puckdropper

This is extremely helpful. I found some excellent articles on Homasote 440 and STC (sound transmission coefficient). I'm reviewing them now.

I'll search for them.
Best, Christopher