Plans for a hidden leaf table??

I am looking for plans for a dining table with a hidden leaf, check out this site for an example.

mainly need to see how the leaf tucks away, so any style table would work. I will modify the plan to suit my tastes.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Hastings

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:14:40 GMT, "Paul Hastings" calmly ranted:

Try spring-loading a pantry-style pullout slide or pocket door slides. Hinge the leaf to that and float the other leaf (piano-hinged to the

1st one)

P.S: Watch the kids shred it the first time they see it opened. (Hey, will this thing squish my sister's doll if I put it between the leaves? How fast can we make it go down into the table? How much weight will this thing handle?) :(

----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --

Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases ==================================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for the idea, after blowing more than a couple of unproductive hours searching around the internet, I did what I should have done from the beginning.

I called Rockler, Woodcraft, and Lee Valley, the two guys at the former stores couldn't remember ever having seen such a thing. Sue at Lee Valley knew right away what I was talking about. Here are links to their hardware for such a table.

For legs or two pedestals

single pedestal
again.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Hastings

Paul,

I found this l> I am looking for plans for a dining table with a hidden leaf, check out this

Reply to
david

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:41:04 GMT, "Paul Hastings" calmly ranted:

Jewelcome.

-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Sin-free Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Paul, Tables and Chairs (The Best of Fine Woodworking), contains an article about a "butterfly" extension table, which is what you've linked to. We bought one years ago at oak express, and it works very well. Good luck, Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Wilcox