Plans for a hidden leaf table??

I am looking for plans for a dining table with a hidden leaf, check out this site for an example.
http://www.smithinteriors.com/dr5.html
I mainly need to see how the leaf tucks away, so any style table would work. I will modify the plan to suit my tastes.
Paul
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:14:40 GMT, "Paul Hastings"

Try spring-loading a pantry-style pullout slide or pocket door slides. Hinge the leaf to that and float the other leaf (piano-hinged to the 1st one)
P.S: Watch the kids shred it the first time they see it opened. (Hey, will this thing squish my sister's doll if I put it between the leaves? How fast can we make it go down into the table? How much weight will this thing handle?) <stomp, stomp, stomp> :(
----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels -- http://diversify.com Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases =================================================================
calmly ranted:

Thanks for the idea, after blowing more than a couple of unproductive hours searching around the internet, I did what I should have done from the beginning.
I called Rockler, Woodcraft, and Lee Valley, the two guys at the former stores couldn't remember ever having seen such a thing. Sue at Lee Valley knew right away what I was talking about. Here are links to their hardware for such a table.
For legs or two pedestals http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?SID=&pageF841&category=3%2C43586%2C43594%2C46849&ccurrency=2
For single pedestal http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?SID=&pageF847&category=3%2C43586%2C43594%2C46849&ccurrency=2
Thanks again.
Paul
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:41:04 GMT, "Paul Hastings"

Yeah, that's a much saner idea than folding them up in the middle.

Jewelcome.
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT? --------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Sin-free Website Design
Paul,
I found this link while looking for stool plans:
http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/dntable.html
david
Paul Hastings wrote:

Paul, Tables and Chairs (The Best of Fine Woodworking), contains an article about a "butterfly" extension table, which is what you've linked to. We bought one years ago at oak express, and it works very well. Good luck, Kevin