plano clamps - is there a clone? Or a diy panel clamp?

I stumbled across a site that had the Plano panel clamp - they look pretty nice until I saw the price.

Ive DAGS but cant seem to find a DIY solution. Has anyone made a clone of these - or their own version of a panel clamp?

Just curious for some ideas.

Thanks Rob

You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m

remove _ to get the correct address

Reply to
Rob V

Why do you think I don't have a set !

's a cheaper work-alike out there.
buy the works, add your own battens

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I have some sort of like these:

(Part number 20981 from
if the link doesn't work) I don't use them much anymore. I think I have 3 or 4 of them. If you want them, they're yours for 10.00 each plus shipping. If you're in St. Louis, you can pick them up.

If you're interested, email me.

Steve

Reply to
WebsterSteve

I have a 3-gang set of the plano clamps. Yes, they're expensive. Yes, they work well. Yes, you can do the same thing with battens clamped across your workpiece. It all depends on your inconvenience tolerance vs luxury cash threshold I guess. For the use I've had from them, they weren't a particularly cost-effective buy, and they're a bit fiddly to use, but they do work.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

I made my own panel clamps using these neat bits from LeeValley:

work excellently & my panels come out nice & flat. You really need a drill press to put the holes in your timber when you're making them though.

Reply to
Frank Shute