Planing MDF?

I was thinking about getting a portable planer to thin out some MDF...
Will MDF plane okay??
Thanks, Scott<=-

Yes planes fine.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 50 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - GRR-Ripper System & MJ Splitter - Spaceage Ceramic Bandsaw Guides - Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set - GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw - Triton Powered Respirator - Veritas Power Tool Guide ------------------------------------------------------------
Woodcrafter wrote:

And dulls knives almost as fast as teak!
Since it comes in 1/4" - 1" and then some why would you can to thin it in a planer?
charlie b

Thanks for your replies....
The answer to your question is actually another question I posted about triming out a Door Frame.
I want an 1/8 or better reveal between the top board and the two side boards. I'm not sure of the name of the Style of it, but the molding is prettu much square 3/4" thick and 3.5" wide. The top piece over laps the two sides by mayby 1/2" and I want the top board to appear thicker then the two sides.
I have some Strait Grain DF that I'm currently using for the top board and its maybe an 1/16" thicker. Not quite the looking I'm going for. I also have some blocks at the bottom near the floor molding that are 3 5/8"x6 1/2" That are also the DF, then the floor molding is 3/4"x5 1/2" MDF So the Bottom Corner blocks have the same effect as the top board.
Since I cant find any stock (worthy of being molding) thats an 1" thick I though I'd use the DF for the top and bottom corners and take a bit off the two side MDF pieces.
I can send Pictures if that would help. (-;
Thanks again for the Replies.
Scott<-
Planes fine, but it sorta hard on the blades compared to "pure" wood
John
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:33:16 GMT, "Scott Townsend"