Planes

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:59:25 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell

Dixie Gun Works. $5.75 for a 12-16 ounce jar, plus shipping.
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_reviews.php?products_id686

How different is this from lanolin? The market for lanolin around here, is all $13/ounce at pharmacies The usual 'lanolin substitute' is waterless hand cleaner (the white no-abrasive kind); would that be effective on planes?
I'm going to give it a try this afternoon...
"whit3rd" wrote:

Udder Balm, a dairy supply item.
Lew

AKA Bag Balm, available from costco pharamacy counter.
writes:

Ahh..., brings back memories.
My wife, who was a nurse for many years, got all upset and focused because she did not have any bag balm. Apparently wearing those latex gloves and hand washing many times per shift can lead to chapped hands. And many medical people swear by bag balm. When she finally located a can of the fabled bag balm, she proceeded to tell me about it.
I laughed and told her that I used to apply it directly to the cow's udder back in the 1950's. As a farmboy, I had to perform many first aid and minor veterinary functions. I was VERY familiar with bag balm. I became a historical expert among her nursing friends. They all asked me about the original use of bag balm and how the cows reacted to me applying it (They did not like it.)
There is still a can of bag balm on the shelves above the toilet. And we do use it from time to time.
On Monday, February 25, 2013 9:36:11 AM UTC-6, Lee Michaels wrote:

g it
Should have given them a first-hand demonstration.

Regarding sheep tallow or balm, I think that might be too oily, if your pro duct is similar to what I'm thinking. I have an old jar of home made sheep balm, my grandfather made, and not only does it smell to high heaven, it's oily. *I never use it, except when particular relatives or friends come o ver and I extoll its virtues and of course they have to try it. LOL.
Sonny