Planer with Painted wood

Page 2 of 2
"noreaster" <noreaster1athotmaildotcom> wrote in message wrote:

nasty.
So nasty and I have to be careful not to rub my eyes with my fingers.

Yeah but you'd do the same if you had treacle on your hands, or had handled chillis. No need to be frightened of this stuff. The remover that is a jelly consistency is not so bad. Wear gloves if you feel you need it, but usually its enough to just wash your hands in running water if you get more than just drops on your hands, mainly to avoid touching painted surfaces you want to keep.
When I first painted the front doorway with 2 side windows, the paint remover was jelly like, just made sure I covered all the spots, let it sit and easily scrap off. That stuff was so nasty, I hope I wont have to do that again. I did use gloves and had my shirt over my mouth, breathed as little as possible.I do have a respirator which helps a lot with the pvc cement and primer, wood dust and spray paint.

Ddin't know it was used in clear topcoats, but it was used to make very stable very opaque white lead, yellow lead, and red lead pigments.
On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:53:11 -0400, "noreaster" <noreaster1athotmaildotcom> wrote:>How much damage would it be to the electric planer blades getting the paint

A lot. I learned about this last June. Too much of a hurry, put a wide painted board through my planer. The board had been on my house since it was built 60+ years ago. I got 4 passes on freshly sharpened knives before they just wouldn't work anymore.
Live and learn.
The knives have been resharpened.