Planer with Painted wood

I had used chemical before to get the old paint off, man that stuff was so nasty.

Reply to
noreaster

So nasty and I have to be careful not to rub my eyes with my fingers.

Reply to
<marierdj

Yeah but you'd do the same if you had treacle on your hands, or had handled chillis. No need to be frightened of this stuff. The remover that is a jelly consistency is not so bad. Wear gloves if you feel you need it, but usually its enough to just wash your hands in running water if you get more than just drops on your hands, mainly to avoid touching painted surfaces you want to keep.

Reply to
Dave Gordon

When I first painted the front doorway with 2 side windows, the paint remover was jelly like, just made sure I covered all the spots, let it sit and easily scrap off. That stuff was so nasty, I hope I wont have to do that again. I did use gloves and had my shirt over my mouth, breathed as little as possible.I do have a respirator which helps a lot with the pvc cement and primer, wood dust and spray paint.

Reply to
noreaster

Reply to
sweet sawdust