planer query

Folks -
Max Mfg. in San Jose, CA... anybody heard of them? There's a planer for sale on ebay, local only:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryg229&item853716456&rd=1
Max Forsberg 16" x 6" planer... Nuthin' on OWWM, (via Google) and I've never heard of the MFR... Anyone??
John Moorhead
"John Moorhead" wrote in message ...

John,
I managed to get some hits on Giggle using "max forsberg woodworking". It has a link to the OWWM group, you might start there.
<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=max+forsberg+woodworking&meta=
Greg

That onna 'count of Eduardo hadn't been there yet.
http://www.oldwwmachines.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id 62
Yeah, I know, nothing new here.

I'm not sure of the Forsberg part but Max was once a maker of things abrasive that were usually only found in pattern shops (in other words, real nice).
I'd say it's worth an "out 'n back" to take a look see, 'specially if it stays at this low, low price. Actually, if it's half of what it looks to be, we're probably talking $600ish and you could/would still call it a gloat.
You still here? What are you waiting for? Git!
UA100
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:19:52 GMT, "John Moorhead"

that thing 3phase?