Planer problem

I have a Craftsman 13" planer, model # 351.217430. While planing an 8' red oak board, the infeed and outfeed rollers quit; the cutters still rotated as usual. I took off a 1/16th or less each pass. The rollers do not turn, even by hand. I took the case off and looked around; the roller drive chain is intact but I can't move it. The rollers are free of wood chips. The planer has always worked perfectly up until now. I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions on what to look for, because it seems as if a part is broken somewhere and not allowing the rollers to rotate. Thank you, Chris Martin

Reply to
Chris Martin

Go here

click on parts then enter in the model number and look at the diagrams. Should give you a better idea of what is connected to what. Looks as though there is a spline key in the assy (part

59 4x4x19mm) that drives the sprocket (37) that drives the chain (36).

I have a DeWalt so I can't help much more with your model.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS