Planer leaving marks

On the weeked I took apart my 16" King planer and sharpened all of the blades after installing them back into the ehad I ran some boards through and noticed some deep marks on the right hand side of the board. After clsoer inspection I noticed that these are coming from the feeder wheel. Since the feeder wheel is spring loaded I'm wondering if I need to set the blades out further? What am I missing?

cause the planer to stop feeding altogether. After running the board through are both edges the exact same thickness? Perhaps you blades are cutting deeper on one side than the other.
The boards are exactley the same. I'm just wondering if dropping the blades would stop the feeder from digging in to much?

If you drop the blades you might create too much force against the feeders, resulting in a board that will not feed.
You might want to insure also that the feed roller is parallel to the planer table. My Delta lets you adjust feeder pressure and the bottom roller height. I would consult the owners manual before making any drastic changes other that rechecking blade height.