Planer knife sharpening angles

After sharpening my planer blades my planer is no longer able to pull the stock through. I suspect it is because I either have the bevel wrong on the blades (they are definitely sharp .. I have the bandaids to prove that) or they now project too far from their holder and are contacting the wood before the rubber rollers can get a good grip. Either way, expensive wood now bears a boot load of pock marks from the anti-kickback pawls and I am using 40 grit to get rid of the acne.
That process, however, leaves a lot to be desired in the parrallel department.
So ... what angle do I need on the 12.5" HF planer and how high above the blade carrier should the blades project?
I'm stalled making a baby cradle ... and the baby (grandchild #1) was born last week!
Hellllp!
Bill
--
We all bring light to the discussion. Some by speaking, others by remaining
silent.

The manual for my DW733 indicates 42 degrees
Mike