Planer in Delaware?

I have come into a fair amount of 50+ year old milled Black Walnut. Its rough and I need it planed. I am practicing the "neander" way on one peice but its not going well. Needless to say it isnt going well. Is there any one in Delaware with a planer that can do this for me for a price or a trade?

Thanks, Andy (the lurker)

Reply to
Andy Hastings

Very likely there is, yes.

Reply to
CW

What he said.

Reply to
Leon

I don't know where you are in Delaware, but there was a lady who ran a mill just over the line in Pennsylvania on Route 52. She was located on the left hand side of the road, behind the Presbyterian Church in Mendenhall.

I purchased some walnut from her a number of years ago and one of her guys planed it to the exact dimension that I need to replace a piece of an antique reed organ.

If she is still there, I don't know and if she would plane already owned lumber is something else that I cannot answer. I don't live in that part of the world anymore, so I can't do any better than what I have given you.

Reply to
Bill Waller

A "fair amount" of free lumber much make purchasing a $300 lunchbox planer worthwhile.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Thanks so much Bill, Ill look into that. Andy H

Bill Waller wrote:

Reply to
Andy H

Reply to
Andy H

Since a mill probably won't do it for free, it was only a suggestion.

I agree $300 is a chunk of change.

Reply to
B A R R Y