Planer bevel angle

I would expect that one would need to know the model. Couldn't one brand or model hold the blades at a different angle than another? Therefore the blade bevel may vary from brand/model? Just throwing it out there, Bill. I don't really know if there is a "generic" angle that works well in all planers.

Dave

Reply to
David

Sounds like you're biting too deep. How thick is the shaving?

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

What angle should a planer blade have? After sharpening, my planer makes nice looking chips but can barely push the wood through. I suspect that I guessed wrong about the bevel angle and the blades may be pushing te wood toward the table, making the rubber roller work overtime. On wide cuts it can't push the wood through at all.

Bill

Reply to
bill

Could the rollers need cleaning? My old Sears model needs a wiping down with denatured alcohol from time to time.

Just a thought, Harvey

Reply to
eclipsme

any chance you installed the planer upside down?

Reply to
bent

Most of the after market planer knives I see for sale that identify the edge angle show it as 45 degress. Don't know if that's the right angle or not, but some of these companies sell them by the thousand, so it can't be all wrong.

My DW knives measure out at ~45 degrees from the manufacturer (as close as old eyes and 3 diopter glasses can see, anyway).

Reply to
Tom Banes

why did that happen? - see my sig!

Reply to