Planer advice

It is time to supplement my Delta 12.5" planer. I have used and abused it for 5 years and it just isn't big enough for some of the things I am now doing. Ideally I would want a 5 HP 15" planer that has a depth of cut of 8.5" so I can finish plane 8" square posts. Unfortunately it appears that doesn't exist and I will have to move up to a 20". Shop Fox and Grizzly are the only ones that I can find that exceeds 8". While I am a Powermatic bigot their support center said that they were 8" +.00". Also I don't want one of the monster 1500+ pounders and want to stay under 800 lbs nor do I have 3 phase power available and am not particularly interested in the spiral cut machines. This planer will average 2 hours use a week. I am looking for recommendations. TIA . .
--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas

Is Lancaster far from Houston?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Art Ransom wrote:

For the size of material you're talking, I'd keep looking until I found a used "big iron" machine at a reasonable price. I don't think the light duty machines are up to that, personally.
I have a Grizzly G1033 and can't say anything bad about it. I've run alot of hickory through it without a hiccup.
A small gloat.... I bought it used for $750 with an extra set of knives and a mobile base. It was "hobby" used so it had very little time on it. :-)
Bryan