Plane tuning resources?

My first bench plane arrived today, an antique Stanley #5.

Anybody have any favorite plane reference material, on or off-line, that they would like to recommend? I'm looking to overhaul this baby, flatten the sole, and get it cutting super smoothly.

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Here are some of my links to plane tuning sites, etc.

Reply to
Plane Truth

The Guy

Please try my web site - Planing Notes.

Jeff G

-- Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK Email address is username@ISP username is amgron ISP is clara.co.uk Website

Jeff Gorman

Before you go to the trouble of flattening the sole, why not give it a try as is? Sharpen the iron and go for it on a piece of scrap. You might find it works fine, which will allow you to spend your time planing instead of preparing to plane. Good luck.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

I did.