plane trade gloat

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:00:07 -0400, Silvan

I was the same way mountain biking. I had no car and I had to ride atleast 10 miles to a place I could mountain bike (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight
?

Was the Bottechia matte black with white? I was in the bike business for

20 plus years and sold Bottechia bikes for a while. Gold mavic Oro 10 rims? Tubulars? . . . Very cool bike!

Rick

Rick Stein

What does a Knight smoother do that a $15 Borg plane won't?

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Rich Stern) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m23.aol.com:

Steve,

Looks like a sweet bike. I raced in highschool, (quite some time ago!) Oh, yeah ... you suck! I think you came out ahead on that deal. .. Rich:

It's like the difference between a Unisaw, and a benchtop table saw -- night and day.

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas

You know what? That's an excellent point!

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Holy smokes!! Man, what a bike. You definitely do suck, huh?!

Pretty soon you'll be trading boats and cars for a few planes and the rest of us mortals will never be able to have a Knight plane again ;)

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike, I'll assume you are sincere in your comment....not just trolling. Do you use planes? Have you used more than one type of plane...a #5, or a shoulder, bullnose, chisel, maybe a #7, or an manly #8 Stanley, or any of a hundred others? If all you've done is push a $15 Borg, please stop what you're doing and enroll in a basic woodworking class where you can do some of the above. Then scrape up enough to buy a Steve Knight coffin smoother....if you are contrite he may sell you one ;>). After all the above is acomplished you will no longer dwell in the realm of plane ignorance or is that plain ignorance??

Cheers,

Frank

won't?

Reply to
Frank Mutchler

Steve wrote

Dang Steve, a Columbus SL classic Italian bike w/ what looks like Campy components. You made out like a thief --- are you sure this guy didn't steal that bike?!? (of course, I jest as classic road bikes can be bought very inexpensively off eBay and sometimes in Velo-News). Still, you did great. Hope you have many safe & fun miles ridin' it. ;-p

Gary

Reply to
Gary Greenberg

Finally... I have a couple of Steve's early versions.

If they weren't fantastic tools, I'd be jeealous of the late adopters who are getting the pretty AND fantastic ones!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Two Piper Aztecs and a Beech for a bicycle? Does not sound like a bargain to me. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

no it's a mix. the guy I traded with was a bicycle messenger. so parts are campy and shimano and brands I don't know about (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

about right on that for sure (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

I tell you the trading is sure fun. it really helps in my budget too. what there is of a budget anyway (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

Perhaps if you look at Mike's post more closely, you will see the parallel he is drawing. Just as the Knight smoother is a much more proficient tool, the expensive bike is a much more proficient mode of transport.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund