Plane handle finishing advice needed

I have a nearly complete smooth bottom Stanley type 11 plane collection ('cept for the #1 and #8). I want to re-finish all of the original rosewood totes and knobs.
I need some advice on what type of finish to use. And if anyone has done this, how you went about it. I'm looking for the original finish type and method I guess.
Thanks in advance! SH
You do realize, of course, that refinishing the totes could decimate the value of your collection?
Kevin

rosewood

done
and

For type 11 the original finish was probably varnish. So you could pad some shellac over it and if you want to restore to the original finish for resale then scrub the shellac off with a cloth and alcohol.
Wax probably won't hurt the value either.
--

FF

I don't think 10 or 15 years down the road, anyone would know the difference, JMO Tony D.

the
sanding