Plain Jane blade comes on new Unisaw?

I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't believe it. It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30 years ago.

Kinda insulting ain't it.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:45:35 -0500, "Eric Anderson"

That's why you don't have an MBA.
I would wager that the average person spending $1500+ on a new saw probably have strong opinions as to what type of blade they want and are likely to use mutiple blades on the saw. To a person buying it for sheet goods a top quality rip blade would be a throwaway. Why waste thier (or your) money trying to make them guess?
wrote:

30
If Unisaw buyers are so discriminating that they would reject a high quality blade, then why ship the saw with a blade at all? Do toys that ship without batteries because their buyers are discriminating about which batteries they use??
The MBAs are running Delta. The signs are all there.
Jay

The darn blade is in my way in designing a fixture for making a zero curf insert fabrication fixture. I could take it off, but it is in the garage in the box for a while while I wait for my son to come over to help me get it to the basement.
wrote:

Ya, I guess you are right!!

Yeah - I think we have had several strings on this subject during the past 2-4 weeks.
Engineers out -----> Accountants in.

Well, Delta did just that. They apparently guessed and went with a cheap version of the guess. It would have been better had they not included a blade at all.

believe
30
You got a BONUS! I just looked at Delta web page and they don't mention a blade being included. None shown on the parts list. Cost cutting?
My Delta contractor saw came with carbide a couple of years ago. While not a great blade, it is serviceable for a lot of work.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:45:35 -0500, "Eric Anderson"

You got screwed! My little benchtop saw (Delta) came with not one, but two carbide tipped blades... I would have figured a Unisaw came with something even better, but I guess not!

My 36-L31X-BC50 came with a carbide blade earlier this year.
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)

believe
My Jet came without a blade.
Bob

My Jet came with a WWII blade.... It was only $99 more. ;~)

I see you shop at the same discount store I do. :-)
Bob
Put that blade to good use: http://tinyurl.com/5r8oa -Brian
: I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't believe : it. : It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I : think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw : rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30 : years ago. : : :
Already did that with my first blade from the 70's that was better than this blade.

of