Plain Jane blade comes on new Unisaw?

I looked at the blade that came on my new Unisaw (36-R3u). Couldn't believe it. It is an OLD steel blade (not carbide tipped). I was very surprised. I think, if I were Delta, I would have just not put a blade on the Unisaw rather than to put on a blade that isn't as good as my standard blades of 30 years ago.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Kinda insulting ain't it.

Reply to
Leon

That's why you don't have an MBA.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You got a BONUS! I just looked at Delta web page and they don't mention a blade being included. None shown on the parts list. Cost cutting?

My Delta contractor saw came with carbide a couple of years ago. While not a great blade, it is serviceable for a lot of work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I would wager that the average person spending $1500+ on a new saw probably have strong opinions as to what type of blade they want and are likely to use mutiple blades on the saw. To a person buying it for sheet goods a top quality rip blade would be a throwaway. Why waste thier (or your) money trying to make them guess?

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

If Unisaw buyers are so discriminating that they would reject a high quality blade, then why ship the saw with a blade at all? Do toys that ship without batteries because their buyers are discriminating about which batteries they use??

The MBAs are running Delta. The signs are all there.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Knepper

You got screwed! My little benchtop saw (Delta) came with not one, but two carbide tipped blades... I would have figured a Unisaw came with something even better, but I guess not!

Reply to
Prometheus

The darn blade is in my way in designing a fixture for making a zero curf insert fabrication fixture. I could take it off, but it is in the garage in the box for a while while I wait for my son to come over to help me get it to the basement.

Perfect statement!! Basically including the one they did is quite a bit worse than none at all.

Ya, I guess you are right!!

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Well, Delta did just that. They apparently guessed and went with a cheap version of the guess. It would have been better had they not included a blade at all.

Reply to
Leon

My 36-L31X-BC50 came with a carbide blade earlier this year.

Reply to
FMB

My Jet came without a blade.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

My Jet came with a WWII blade.... It was only $99 more. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I see you shop at the same discount store I do. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yeah - I think we have had several strings on this subject during the past

2-4 weeks.

Engineers out -----> Accountants in.

Reply to
RonB
30 : years ago. : : :
Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Already did that with my first blade from the 70's that was better than this blade.

Reply to
Eric Anderson