Places to go in beautiful downtown Minneapolis this upcoming week?

Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would be appreciated...
Clint
: Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get : drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a : good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would : be appreciated... : : Clint : : Cabelas, south of Minneapolis. Lake Minnetonka - Restaurant/bar on East end with huge deck on the water. Cannot remember the name though. Mall of America - just to wander around for a while.Walk off some of that excessive food and drink you will partake in.
: : Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get : : drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a : : good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would : : be appreciated... : : : : Clint : : : : : Cabelas, south of Minneapolis. : Lake Minnetonka - Restaurant/bar on East end with huge deck on the water. Cannot remember the name : though. : Mall of America - just to wander around for a while.Walk off some of that excessive food and drink : you will partake in. : : I overlooked the Downtown Minneapolis part... :
"Bob Gramza"

All of these are quite far from downtown.
I like the lakes, and surrounding gardens, etc. You can probably still rent a bike around either Harriet or Calhoun. This would be a full day kind of activity.
The Walker Art Center (Museum..) is also pretty cool. The outdoor displays there are pretty famous. There is also a nice park nearby, with food on Hennipen, about 1 mile away. This would take about 4 hours, though I've swept through just the outdoor stuff in under 1 hour. They have a website that should be an easy find.
In the evening, some like the club scene around 1st avenue - youth, music, etc. Riverplace (St. Anthony Main) is also a good night spot with a more restraunts, less kids, dining kind of scene.
I haven't lived there in over 7 years, so all the above may have burned to the ground...
- Nate

Lots of woodworking equipment
There is also a Woodcraft and 4 Rocklers stores.
Scott www.vmtw.com
Ya and then I still got a lot of kinfolk there, ya know? I send you a list and you look them up, you betcha. They treat you to a nice lutefisk dinner or maybe some brown meat and potatoes. Then a night at the Sons of Knute Lodge. Ya sure. Whoop de doo.     mahalo,     johnson