Place on usenet to find woodworking dvd's?

Ive looked at most of the wood areas, but cannot find a binary or other areas that might post some videos or dvd's of woodworking topics such as dovetails or sharpening. Has anyone found anything?
csa wrote:

Fine Woodworking ... you have to join, but it has hundreds of videos and pdf files as well as DVD's available for purchase. Also youtube and even iTunes store, most of it free.
DAGS ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

And yes ... I know it's not usenet, but instead of telling you somwthing negative, you now have a couple of sources for woodworking dvd's and videos.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

And yes ... I know it's not usenet, but instead of telling you somwthing negative, you now have a couple of sources for woodworking dvd's and videos.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

As long as you don't mind it not being on Usenet, take a look at the Woodworking Channel, http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin /
If you want something specific, you might ask in alt.pictures.binaries.woodworking. It's really not for videos, but it's about as close you're likely to come.
Puckdropper

If you're looking for a newsgroup where copyright violation is rampant and people post PDFs etc of published work for download, on usenet, then yes, I know some of those groups.
But you've had better advice and sources in responses to you your post.

While I have not looked for specific woodworking videos there I have found a number of useful videos on You Tube along with the usual entertainment only stuff. Just punch in a particular process you are interested in and you have a pretty good chance somebody has video taped doing it. These videos will be from ordinary crafters like you and I, from professionals, or any odd mix in between. Its like public access television for EVERYONE. Some will involve tools you and I probably have, others will involve machine we can only drool over like a tool catalog centerfold. And then there will some that truly make you think, "I could do that."
There are a number of machine and metal working tasks I have studied from other folks you tube videos. Some I have even tried. LOL.
The number of videos available on-line is staggering. The big thing is to have an idea what you are looking for.
Ive exhausted youtube. I just wondered if there was something more on usenet besides pics and message threads. Thanks for the suggestions. I am a FW subscriber and have most of their stuff now, I am mostly struggling trying to find handtool only projects.
Thanks
Have you found a way to download FW videos for future reference. That would be handy to do so you would not a network connection all the time to see the video.
Same question for youtube videos.
Russ

An index of everything posted in the news groups for the last year can be found at http://www.binsearch.info /