Pizza peel refinish

My pizza peel - Emma ( yah it's a tired old joke, but I laughed, did you?) is a bit cut up and I thought about doing a refinishing job on it.
I figured sanding with 220 grit to smooth out the knife cuts but should I apply a finish to it as well? Doesn't seem to have one now.
Looks like it was made out of oak.
MJ
In article

I wouldn't use anything except MAYBE a bit of mineral oil.

Never use a finish or things may stick.
How the hell did knife cuts get on a peel anyway? It is a peel, not a cutting board.

I slice on the board vs transferring it to a cutting board.
MJ
In article

Don't do that...

Why not? Other than the knife marks on the board and naturally increased wear, what's bad about slicing on the board?
I'm just curious, most the home-baked pizza I get is frozen.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 14 Sep 2012 04:14:02 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

If you make pizza from scratch, you use the peel to move it to the oven. You want to be able to slide the disk of dough on to the stone with a flick of the wrist. Grooves will impede smooth operation.
Frozen dough is like sliding off a piece of plywood so it may not matter. You don't need a peel for that, use a cookie sheet.
Puckdropper wrote:

What Ed said, plus I like to let the pizza sit for a couple of minutes before slicing so the cheese holds together better.
That means a cutting board. A peel is thin, designed to do one thing well. Why try and make it be a cutting board, which is many times a peel's thickness and designed to be cut on?
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

On 14 Sep 2012 04:14:02 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Because good peels are very thin and delicate, and because customers prefer their pizza without wood splinters in them, thankyouverymuch.
-- Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. -- George Lois
MJ wrote the following on 9/13/2012 6:30 PM (ET):

I use a pizza stone to do all three. Bake, carry, and cut on the same surface. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM176649981P?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

How do you make a second or third pizza?
Nor do I want to move a 600 degree stone to the table for serving.

Sequentially? Or on cookie sheets, eh? <titter>

You have one helluvanoven, Ed.
-- Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything. -- George Lois
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:51:19 PM UTC+2, MJ wrote:

No finish as others have said.