pivoting table saw table

I saw a table saw I've never seen before, haven't seen that many but this one was amazing. I guess designed for production for sure.

It had a large arm that allowed the entire left side of the saw table to slide back and then all the way forward for cutting large sheets.

I didn't get the brand, may have been italian-made. I guess it's called a panel-saw. Definitely vintage.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Like this, scroll down a bit.

Pretty common in the industry. There are some sweet video's on YouTube

Leon

The one I saw was an ancestor to these. FWIW the one I saw had an arm with a pivot point about half-way between the far-left edge and the saw. Like an elbow say. I didn't see any aluminum, it was a beast of steel and cast iron.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Sounds very interesting. I bet it was a sight to see.

Reply to
Leon

It was definitely, as I've not seen any of that class of machine. i.e. production I moved that table back and forth several times enjoying the beauty of it and saying wow.

There was also a monster bandsaw that could only be moved by forklift. Poitris I think. The biggest band saw I've ever seen. I'm not sure of the sizes but from memory I'd guess 24 inches for throat or more. Just a giant. There were other equally large machines and I was experiencing cerebral overload taking it all in.

There was a lathe that looked like a museum piece and not because it looked old or big or heavy or... But just because it was a work of art. It had two heavy pipes for the bed-way and heavy, curvy tailstock. It was maybe 48" and maybe we'd call it a 20/48. So a 10" radius head stock to bedway.

It was an impromptu visit and I had no idea what I was going to see. I'm still trying to recount everything there.

I'm pretty sure I'd volunteer the left-nut for that shop. (maybe with a local anesthesia)

Reply to
Electric Comet