pitch pine cabinet in a humid bathroom??

We are thinking of using an antique pitch pine locker as a cupboard in a relatively humid (poorly ventilated) bathroom. Can anyone comment on whether this wood (and cabinet) should be more or less resistant to any humidity than other wood?

many thanks

Peter Stock

Reply to
pstock

I'm not an expert, but I imagine it depends on how well the locker is constructed and finished.

If this antique is valuable, I wouldn't put it in a bathroom (humid or not).

Why not put a vent fan in the bathroom? If you don't you're inviting a lot of trouble.

Reply to
bf