Pistol Range Box Plans

I have been searching, and haven't found any plans for Pistol boxes. This type of box is about 18" tall, about 18" wide and about 12" deep. the front opens "up" and is sloped. I have seen some for sale but no plans Anyone have or know of plans for such a box?
Thanks Frank items4sale at bellsouth dot net
Perhaps you're talking about an air pistol target box?
I don't know of a box that size approved for any type of smokeless or black powder firearm. Most firing ranges have, IIRC, a 1/4" hardened sheet steel deflection plate that is oriented at about 45 degrees from the line of fire and directs the projectiles downward into a bullet trap. Along with that, they have steel baffles on the ceilings and sidewalls and separating the booths to keep any errant rounds directed downrange.
Most of them are limited to pistols...although some permit .22 rifles, too.

By a range box, he means one that can carry "stuff" to the range. Tools, ammo, rests, spotting scope, targets, tape, etc, and sometimes even the pistol! :)
John
Hmm. Why didn't I think of that???

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:52:55 -0600, John T

Never seen plans for one, but it should be about dead easy to make. Set up the ol' box joint jig, drag out some good-quality hardwood plywood and go to town.
I don't have plans, but I do have a pistol box. If you're unsuccessful in locating plans, I'd be willing to take a few digital photos & send to you along with some external dimensions for scale.
Bruce

Long ago, when I wanted one and could not afford the $125 for a Pachmayer, I measured a friend's and built one. Built it to be temporary and fast, the entire thing, including trays, came out of a 1/2 sheet of 3/8" ply, all joints butted, glued and reinforced with (hand driven) brads. Figured when it fell apart, I'd build a nice one. Been going strong for 18 years....
If you buy or build one, go for the 4-gun box, not the 2- or 3-gun boxes. The 4-gun box is not that much heavier and is much more stable in the wind and the trunk of your car.
Michael Latcha - at home in Redford, MI

http://www.geocities.com/baneddo/gunbox.pdf
Frank S. wrote:

--
Ron Hock
HOCK TOOLS

I've got one, want some digital photos of it? I can mail them, or put them on a website for you. Let me know and I can do it this evening. My email address is real and does work.
Dave Hinz