Pissed off at Home Depot. (Rant)

Page 5 of 6

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message

Not necessarily your fault ... not all retailers will carry the crap that HD does.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/06/05

I called and was put through to the 'day-duty-part-time-associate-assistant-manager'.
I pointed out to him that their website clearly stated a 90-day return. He checked and agreed. He asked, rather sheepishly, if I would be willing to accept an in-store credit. I agreed.
What the hell, Larry Jaques is right, not worth getting all tied up in a knot about it.
Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do.
00

Especially now that you've got your credit/refund eh?

No.. especially now I got what was right. They sold me a piece of shit. I wanted compensation. Period.
The money? I use tubes of adhesive that cost more than that sander. Rolls of tape that I use cost more than that sander.
wrote in message news:design-

Wow, I am impressed.
I have never seen tubes of adhesive or rolls of tape that big. ;)
On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:52:33 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Depends on the product.
I have a relative that uses $115 a gallon paint.
Of course, it encapsulates lead... <G>
Barry

How about $185/gallon stone floor sealer?
dwhite

If I were to encapsulate lead, that is what I would use. *G*
Some of the high-tech automotive finishes from Akzo/Sikkens are way higher than that. At the supplier's that sells me some of my sandpapers, I saw a client walk out with a box in his arms, not struggling with it, several cans.. $1200.00 For one car. Materials. Quite normal, I was told.
Those guys drop a 1000 bucks on a gun.
1000 bucks for a phonograph cartridge I can understand, but a spray gun?
I digress.

Now you will see one that big...almost a litre
http://integra-adhesives.com/images/products/850ml.jpg
goes into this dispenser: http://tinyurl.com/9w7xo Two-part epoxy for joining engineered stone slabs.
The tape? Small roll, really, but approved by DuPont to line the inside of a cook-top cut-out. Thick, self-adhesive aluminum. Works as a heat-sink. The adhesive can withstand very high temperatures.
Now, Lee, don't you feel enlightened?
*G*

You know I was just a funnin' ya.
But every field has some kind of expensive, exotic materials. I had a welder friend who use to show me small handfuls of welding rod that cost $250 or more. It makes sense that any kind of extreme needs materials or adhesives would cost a lot.

I know you were, others maybe weren't so lucky. *G*

And that brings us to jewellers. Gold, silver, diamonds and pearls by the pound, the sawdust in a shop like that is worth money, eh?...
*grins*

Of course, I knew it wasn't the money from the start. When it comes down to being right against a specific amount of money, being right wins most every time. The money is nice, but the satisfaction that comes from being right is priceless.

My gawd, you're right. Never thought of it, that way.
Ken

Dunno about that. Last time I tried using three lefts on someone I darn near ended up in jail.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Too bad you didn't shop at Rona. Bambam reported that you can purchase expensive purchase tools there, thow away the carton they come in, use the tool for a day or two, and still get a full refund. (see "A Borg story with a happy ending") Of course "it helps .. to.. know the guys in Tools".
<g>

That's not quite what I reported. You and a few others who have trouble with reading comprehension have twisted it (exaggerated the useage, focussed unduly on knowing the people" -- enough to turn a light story dark.
That said, you are right that there is a sharp contrast between Robatoy's experience with Home Depot and mine with Rona.
About five years ago, I approached Home Depot's Contractor's Desk and asked what the much advertised "ASK ABOUT OUR CONTRACTOR'S SPECIAL PRIVILEGES." offered contractors. "Retail prices plus next day delivery."
I don't know what their return or adjustment policies are, I don't know whether or not they are reasonable or knowledgeable. I do know they don't want my business -- their market is retail consumers, DIY's without much knowledge.
I am not Rona's prime market either -- but they will offer modest discounts on everything but raw lumber and tools... and they are knowledgeable.
Last year, I spent $160 at HD (four lock boxes). I spent just over $15,000 at Rona.
My suggestion to Robatoy is to move on -- he's spending hundreds in time on a fifty dollar deal.
My suggestion to those who feel that Rona giving me (and presumeably others) a break must mean a higher cost to you is that you give your heads a shake.
Ken

Only a fool buys a tool, or anything with a warranty, from Home Depot.
On Wed, 11 May 2005 12:46:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.home wrote:

Why is that, again? Two of my most heavily used and abused tools (DeWalt cordless drill and circular saw) came from the HD, and there has been no problem with either of them. If there had been, I imagine DeWalt would have taken care of it. When a tool has got a warranty, the manufacturer takes care of it- the store just has an exchange/return policy. I still think it's a whole lot better to get tools from the locals, but it's not as though the chains open up the boxes and deliberately wreck the tools inside. They don't know or care what is in any given box- if something is wrong, blame the manufacturer.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
you bought a piece of crap, didn't use it for 3 months and now you expect Hd to take it back. I think you need a dose of reality buddy. rules are rules for a reason. why should they bend them for you

You're right. Never bend the rules. Hence:
PLONK.