pissed at HD

A very wise observation indeed.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Home Depot is not going to "learn" anything by you returning the sander. I see from this and your other post that you seem to have a hard time when you don't get your way. Maybe you need to take a look at yourself and learn to take things in stride and keep a sense of proportion. I speak from experience here, I'm not trying to be a d*ck. So Home Depot cost you a precious 5 minutes of your life. What would you have spent them doing? I think of the amount of time I waste doing stupid things and it puts things like this in perspective for me. Life is much niceer when you don't get mad over every stupid damn little thing.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Both Costco and Sam's Club have special hours for business members only from like 7:00 am to 10:00 am or 11:00 am.

At Sam's Club, they don't open the regular IN doors and have business members come in a different entrance.

They supposedly do this so business members can get in and out quickly without waiting behind mom buying groceries for a month or whatever.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

tmbg wrote in :

Yes business memberships allow the small business folks to get in and out without fighting the regular consumers during the first hour of the morning. Getting a cup of coffee to wait with would hardly stress out the business customers. The policy is probably sound, but the enforcement of it seemed over the top.

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey

Thanks for all the replies guys- I do appreciate advice, and take it to heart. Turns out I really like the sander, it has much less vibration then the 6" PC. It is made in Germany, and the quality shines through. It has that certain "feel" like my Metabo 13V cordless drill that is difficult to explain. I'll keep this one, but continue to spend my money at Jerry's ( a local HD competitor with comparable stock and prices).

DJ

Reply to
DJ

I was recently in HD and had the same experience; just went in to buy a box of drywall screws, and had to get in line behind a half dozen others at the only checkout that was open. Here is what I did:

I spoke up to the customer ahead of me, "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING!"

"Oh excuse me sir, please go ahead of me."

I continued this with each customer ahead of me and quickly reaced the head of the line. Once there, the cashier said, "Sir, you can't just barge ahead of all these people who were in line before you."

I simply replied, "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING"

"Oh, I'm very sorry, sir, of course we will take care of you first. Please accept my apologies for questioning you."

By this time the manager had taken notice of the commotion and made his way over to the register. "What is going on here? Is there a problem sir?"

I told him "I SUBSCRIBE TO REC.WOODWORKING." and immediately he said, "Oh, sir, we are so pleased to have you shopping in our store! Please accept those drywall screws as a gift from HD! And here is a certificate for 50% off on your next purchase. May I carry those screws to your car for you?"

So, you see, you really can solve all of life's big problems, right here, on REC.WOODWORKING.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

There are rumors that Metabo actually makes a few of the Rigid tools. I have no idea why OWT wouldn't make them all themselves, but that is the rumor.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

All the HD's around here have 4 or more self-serve checkouts. Fast and convenient.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On my clamp claming trip this morning to HD, I got to try out one of the U-Scan sort-of. A bored cashier came over and did everything but put the money in it. She was cute and had a odd day glo colored tape measure clipped on to her jeans and real looking butterfly tatoo in the small of her back. She caught me checking it out and I told her that I was trying to figure out what brand her tape measure was. Lame I know but hey. She then turned around and stuck out her chest and said most guys say that they are trying to read her name off her apron. If all HD cashier looked like her and were as helpful. I would go back more often.

Chef

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

LOL

Reply to
Bridger

metabo makes lots of tools that end up with other labels on them. you'd be surprised....

Reply to
Bridger

I'd damned glad I renewed my membership by sending JOAT a $50 check. It was cashed, but I've not received the card yet. Hope it gets here soon. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

One of the ways HD gives you a cheap price is by giving you cheap service. Would you pay 50-100% more for the same tool at a traditional hardware store for the better service? I suspect not.

Reply to
Charles Erskine

Where is this HD. I need a roadtrip.

Reply to
rllipham

My local HD (Anaheim, CA) has some great looking chicks at the checkout. You might wanna try it.

Reply to
gabriel

Really? Like what? This sounds like it could be good...

Reply to
Larry Bud

While I agree that you shouldn't let the little things bother you, and I agree that perhaps the OP gets a bit too upset a little too easily, I think it would be in the manager's best interest to understand that employees who are all in the area could put their little projects down for 2 minutes and open another register or two until the line get backs down to 1 or 2 people. EVERYONE wins since the customers will be happy and will come back and spend more money.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I spent *45* minutes in line at a local market on Superbowl Sunday Morning. It was crazy. Every register was open (I saw 24 of them) and each one had at least 5 people in line buying a LOT of stuff.

What peeves me are the people who insist that the cashier or bagger bag their groceries when there obviously aren't enough people around to keep up. I guess they figure they're above bagging groceries themselves, even though it would help them and everyone else in the entire store out.

Reply to
Larry Bud

Charles, Your comment cuts out all the noise and goes to the heart of the matter! Great post!

Jack

-- "You generally get what you expect." "I don't expect much, so I'm seldom disappointed."

hardware

loaded with

were grumbling

and it'll be a