pissed at HD

Page 2 of 6
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net says...

For me, the big savings is gas at Costco. Most local stations average a minimum 5 cents a gallon higher than Costco, the only one that is within a penny only takes cash, debit card, or one of their gift cards. This other station's gift cards are fine if you fill up exactly with the full amount of the card, otherwise you get socked an extra amount (think its 50 cents) every time you use that card. So Costco gas is much more reasonable and less hassle than anywhere else.
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:20:25 GMT, Mark & Juanita

Around here the difference is nearly 20 cents (on premium) at Costco vs the less expensive regular places.
Renata
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

No hoops, no problem. The only place we have around here is a Sam's Club in the next city over. They definitely have hoops in spades.
I don't care if they have a 15,000 count of Super Soft toilet paper for $1.50, or 50 pounds of filet mignon for $3.95. They can still kiss my ass.
says...

While the enforcement of this policy sounds over the top, it strikes me that there seems to be a group of people with the attitude, "the rules don't apply to me"

Not a group. Just that one.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

For the particular incident cited, yes. However, I have seen this attitude in many places: The drivers who don't seem to see the "lane ends 500 ft" sign, plowing ahead in order to get ahead of those drivers who do wait in line, the person who is just sure that paying by credit card in the cash only line is OK -- for them. Numerous other examples abound.
Mark & Juanita wrote:

The lady with two buggies (one for groceries, to pay for with food stamps, and one full of beer and cigarettes to pay for with cash) in the 20 items or less lane, who then has $35 worth of coupons to dig out, half of which are expired, and then cusses the cashier out because of a 50-cent difference in the price of a package of microwave popcorn.
(I was the cashier. I hope I never, ever have to be a cashier again. I'd rather smash one of my testicles with a sledge hammer.)
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Silvan wrote:

Yeah, but tell us how you really feel?
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:04:53 GMT, Mark & Juanita

I see way too many of those people every day, the people who figure that they can violate any law, break any rule, do anything they want to do because they're special.
When you purchase a membership at one of those clubs, you agree to follow their rules. Let's face it, it's their store, their coffee, their rules. They have every right to tell you what you can and cannot do on their property, and if you don't like it, you have a right to take your business elsewhere.
I guess they only want YOUR money after 11:00 am.
So I installed it on Linux...
Lay off the caffiene, leave home earlier next time and just chill. Life is not worth getting upset over such trivial things...(In case you want to give me the finger, remember that you are "Number One" with me too.) <grin>
Get over it and make some sawdust!

DJ wrote:

Keep it.
Don't sweat the petting things, and don't pet the sweaty things. ;-)
-- Mark
...hadn't heard that one before...it's now in my book although I'll change it to "Don't sweat the petty things"...thanks!

Tom Kohlman wrote:

LOL! That's what it was *supposed* to be. Why proofread before posting? ;-)

of course I got this tonight via email, if it is a better deal then I might consider a return.
http://www.grizzly.com/promo.cfm?promoid 040205&type=1
KY
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"DJ" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
I have a grizzly 5hp cabinet saw. it was the best purchase i ever made. i have 3 grizzly 14.4v cordless drills. that was the worst purchase i ever made. they are truly the cheapest pieces of crap i have ever wasted money on. i vowed not to purchase any of their other small power tool (even though the prices make it tempting). it's just not worth it if you get a piece of junk in the mail. be careful with that grizzly sander option.

I really don't like 14.4v tools, no power. got a couple that are never used. xmas gifts from the parents. ;-)
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"RemodGuy" < snipped-for-privacy@netzero.net> wrote in message
depends on what you use them for. for cabinet work anything bigger is a waste of money and energy (those 18V drills weigh a damn ton). i have 9 in the shop right now (not counting those threee crappy grizzly's). most are 12v makita, hitachi, bosch, or milwaukee. have a 15.6V metabo. great tool. smooth action. but to heavy to use all day long. i have to chuckle when i see joe homeowner toting around his new 18V cordless that some idiot at HD suckered him into. stop watching Tim Allen. its not just about power. most of the 18V's i've handled are too heavy, poorly balanced, and too large to get into small spaces.
the best cordless i've run across thus far is the 14.4V Bosch Compact. Bosch makes a great tool. the weight is very comfortable and its compact frame makes its very practical for shop work. They run $150-$170 around here, but worth it. after my experiance with the grizzly garbage, i'm planning to pick up 3 or 4 of the Bosch.
If someone has something similar to the Bosch that i may not have thought of, please let me know (before i shell out $650 for a few more shop drills).

Some of the truly awful events in my 56-year life began with the idea that I would teach someone a lesson.