Pipe Clamp Question

better clutch plates.

Reply to
Bridger

I have some very long 1/2" pipe clamps- maybe 10 or 12 feet long. I don't need them often, but I can count on them to bend, and the black pipe to make marks on whatever I'm clamping. I cut some sections of 1" PVC pipe and slipped them over the iron. I can position them where the iron would contact wood and avoid the stains. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

I misunderstood what he was saying slipped. I agree that the ones with the cam locking mechanism from HF slip as I originally bought some of those. The heavy duty ones have 3 tabs and I assure you they do not slip at all and instantly lock up.

Reply to
Bruce

I use naphtha because it is a really effective solvent. Who knows who has been handling that pipe and with what. Naphtha will remove grease, oil, wax, dirt, an whatever else is on the pipe. And it dries really fast. That way I can get to shellacking the bugger right away as I'm an impatient SOB.

Reply to
Howard Ruttan

Bridger responds:

Point taken. I started using waxed paper when PVC was either non-existent or in its infancy. It may be time to change!

Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

Oh yeah? Well I know I can curl 12 oz. cans with both hands at the same time and I once put a 2x6 8 foot long over my head.........Top that big man!! LMAO!

Jim

Reply to
James D Kountz

I prefer to curl a 24oz Fosters oil can myself.

Reply to
Bruce