Pink Hammers

"Doug Brown" wrote

Since I was the one who started this thread, big mistake, I did not see the need. I just thought it was strange that pink hammers were being sold at the hardware store. I did not see it a a desireable product nor did I see it helping breast cancer very much. I made the comment that there are better ways to donate money to this cause and was immediatley shouted down as some kinda insenstive monster by some folks in this forum.

The thread got hijacked. Wanna start a new one, fine. But it has nothing to do with tools or woodworking. A distinction lost on some folks here.

Maybe you can start a thread for whiny folks who abhor woodworking discussions.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Luigi Zanasi

I was at Menards tonight, and they were selling pink tool sets "for ladies"---sexist no? They had pink-handled screwdrivers, pink measuring tape, pink levels, etc. Of course, I immediately thought of this thread. There was no mention of breast cancer awareness.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Have a friend of mine whose father was a carpenter.

He made gifts for his daughters consisting of a pink wall plaque holdong a pink handled claw hammer, pink handled pliers and a pink handled screw driver.

This was at least 20 years ago.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Did each daughter get a plaque with a different tool (there's a nice harmony to that...)?

My dad made ladybugs out of bowling ball halfs a year or two before he passed away. He gave me a cheerful-looking one for Christmas. If he had given me a pink hammer I would have looked at him funny! ; )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:31:49 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Breast awareness month, eh? We're gonna lick it!

Reply to
Larry Jaques