Pink Hammers

Page 2 of 5

[...]>

Pink? You guys probably don't watch rugby and won't have seen the Stade Francais strip. Here is a picture of the SF forwards:
http://www.stade.fr/phototheque/v/2008-2009/hcup/harl-sf/081213_avants.jpg.html
Tim W

Sorry, that's last year's strip. This is how they look this season:
http://www.stade.fr/phototheque/v/2009-2010/Top14Orange/toulon-sf/090814_dupuy1.jpg.html
Tim W
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:49:56 +0100, "Tim W"

They look like (in any year) they've been attacked by a zombie who has taken up finger painting.

One has to fully understand the rugby mentality to appreciate this zaniness. Got to love it! My daughter is an 8 on her highschool team and they're just as zany.
Tim W wrote:

http://www.stade.fr/phototheque/v/2008-2009/hcup/harl-sf/081213_avants.jpg.html
http://www.stade.fr/phototheque/v/2009-2010/Top14Orange/toulon-sf/090814_dupuy1.jpg.html
Pink hammer? That's nothin': <http://charterarms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_53830.html

Rob Leatham

My wife might like that. It would match her cell phone.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Support for breast cancer research is a lot better than snarking about having a pink tool. Get with the program guys, breast cancers is nothing to laugh about.
Bill (yes I'm a guy)

Well, if you were by chance a woman named Bill, I'd bet you are a tough woman.

Agree 100%. Don't know any women (that I know of) that have/had breast cancer, but I've lost both parents and a close friend to other forms of cancer so it's a worthwhile endeavor if it contributes in any way to the damned disease.

As I saw this thread this morning it was somewhat surreal.
Like WAY WAY WAY to many people in this world I have friends that have had cancer and breast cancer more specifically. In matter of fact yesterday my sister started chemo after having a mastectomy this summer. That coupled with being a dad with 3 daughters, if in fact some of the profits go to breast cancer research I am in.
If they are just pink hammers like the pink Red Sox hats I have to see at the ball park. I am out.
Larry C
BillGill wrote:

Guys get it too you know.

What do they get off the tool? A buck, maybe. There is lot better ways to contribute to that cause without buying crappy tools that invite ridicule. This whole thing of covering everything with ribbons for the sickness of the month is tiring and ultimately desensitives everybody.
I am tired of getting hit up for money at every turn. I don't really care what month it is. I give where and when I think it is appropriate. Not what is trendy or the current publicity program.
My sister is a dog trainer who has trained a bunch of service dogs. Her own daughter has seizures and she trained her dog to alert to the seizures. It is something I can relate to and I will give money to support service dogs. I don't give a damn about pink hammers.
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:06:44 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:
enough to convince everyone that he is just one more microphallic troll in a world already too full of them
Regards,
I had no idea that this sweeth nothing guy was even talking. I killfiled him a long time ago as he has nothing positive or interesting to say. I merely pointed out that selling pink hammers is a strange way to do things. And I also pointed out I think there are better ways of doing it. I also pointed out how I do my charitable thing. If that offended a mental midget, so be it. Nuff said.
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 10:55:02 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Feeble try at best. It wasn't what you said, it was how you went about saying it. And you said it about as unthinkingly as you could without breaking a sweat.
You're too stupid to realize that people are smarter than you think and you're not too brilliant for them. It just goes to show how much of an asshole you really are.

Unreal. I have been called an asshole by somebody who has nothing good to say about anybody. I suppose I should not be surprised. I guess talking about charity and pink hammers was too much for you. How did you become so bitter at the world?
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:43:35 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Are you actually attempting to have an intelligent conversation with me? If so, then do it without the "poor innocent me" act and acknowledge that you phrased your comment on your choice of charities without much consideration. If you can't do that or simply aren't able to comprehend what you said was offensive in a number of ways, then I'm not the least bit interested in "discussing" anything with you.
I'm not the only one that has deemed your response as offence. Consider that when you reply.
That's my honest, uncritical response. It's the best I'm willing to do. Respond as you choose.

That would be an act of futility. I have seen you whine and bitch ad infinitum. I have no interest of engaging in an endless babble fest with you. A bitter old man is upset with me. I couldn't care less.
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:59:03 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

I spoke to you honestly without any cursing or attack and you choose to maintain the innocent, offended approach. Guess I was naive in expecting anything else.
I pity people like you. You prefer to hide behind a shroud of deception and innocence when you should realize that you are the only one that thinks you're getting away with it.
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:37:36 -0500, Steve Turner>

When someone says something ignorant when they should have shown more consideration, that makes me angry and then I'm a god damned prick. Hope that floats your boat.

There's a world of difference between having a big, foul mouth and displaying an attitude of ignorance like Lee Michaels did. Of course you can accuse me of being ignorant too, but it's certainly not the same type of ignorance. Thing is, I know the difference. Michaels obviously doesn't or just doesn't care which is worse.
You're accusing me of trying to stifle free speech, but then you're admonishing me for swearing at someone. Make up your mind Steve, you can't have it both ways.
snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Sounds a bit juvenile to me, and even kinda ignorant. Where's *your* consideration?

Both ways what? I admonished you for being fouled mouthed; use that information as you see fit. I never threatened to punch you out or somehow "prevent" you from speaking your mind. My understanding is that diplomacy works far better than violence...
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.