Ping: Swingman [OT]

In my efforts to nudge solar technology in the general direction of energy independence in individual and small community contexts, I seem to be developing some unsought adversarial relationships...

...the latest is a German systems firm, whose behavior I was having real difficulty understanding - until I finally took a look at their client/partner list.

Even though most of the names weren't familiar, there was a fairly obvious pattern, and I thought immediately of you and the comments you've made here.

The list is too interesting to not share:

suppose it's always good to know who one's friends aren't. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Morris Dovey wrote in news:ht635g$vr5$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Morris, I don't see any connection, since I don't know what problems these Germans are giving you ...

Reply to
Han

good to piss off the bankers, I'm guessing. How did you do it?

Reply to
Steve

By developing and publicizing simple, inexpensive technologies that shrink/eliminate some of the historically profitable markets for their services.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Well, good on you! And I mean it.

Reply to
Steve

I'll answer your question with a question: If you perceived a need to destroy a web site offering unique content, how might you accomplish that without actually attacking the hosting server(s)?

Please do _not_ post your answer.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Sorry to hear that, but nothing in this regard surprises me ...

Reply to
Swingman

Han, there is a 3 1/2 hour video on the history of world banking and monetary systems, in two parts, available in many places on the interweb, "The Money Masters" ... take the time some rainy day to absorb it in its entirety.

You won't be able to do a damn thing about it, but at least you will recognize the ongoing, diversionary, political circuses, put on solely to keep you occupied, for what they are.

Reply to
Swingman

Morris Dovey wrote in news:ht7tna$gas$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

I am not answering your question, Morris, but is this really you?

Reply to
Han

Han wrote in news:Xns9D80A11663EB2ikkezelf@

207.246.207.167:

I am an admirer of your novel technologies, Morris, but also remember an internet aphorism: Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity, and I don't mean you.

What happened? Some links from google are 404'ing.

As far as world control by bankers, apply the aphorism to bankers and politicians. And greedy Madoffs.

Reply to
Han

What did Microsoft do to you now?

Please do _not_ post your answer.

Reply to
Josepi

when one talks about 'Bankers'.

Reply to
Robatoy

It is, although sometimes I'm not really myself. :o)

Yeah, I tried to attribute what I was seeing to stupidity - but that disease didn't fit the symptoms I observed.

What happened was that more of my (copyrighted) content was being downloaded from web sites other than mine, so much so that my web site traffic dropped by 80% over the course of a month, while pirate traffic soared. Case in point:

(expires 24 May 2010)

However, I found equally informative what did _not_ show up in the log.

Understandably so. I had tried to provide some unique content. When that content became non-unique, it no longer served my purposes. I did some minor restructuring of what I wanted to keep and got rid of a lot of the rest. Most of the woodworking stuff was moved to an archive, some of the not-so-great fluidyne pages went into another archive, and new fluidyne developments will go into pages in a private area for access only by folks who're actually working in the project.

More than 999 out of every 1000 people who looked at the solar heating panel web pages weren't interested in the dealer or price pages. Since I now consider solar heating panels a well-solved problem, I'm keeping one page and archiving the rest.

Google will get their links all sorted out eventually.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Morris Dovey wrote in news:hta65u$a8l$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Sorry to hear of the highjacking. I always thought your pages wonderful, and was hoping that retirement would afford me time to study them more.

One page that always intrugued me was your 3-legged saw horse. No time yet to make one, and now I see the page has gone. So sorry.

If I may, I'll ask for access to your pages for my personal non-commercial use, but it'll have to wait until the late fall after I retire (economy willing).

Reply to
Han