ping: surplusdealdude (Eric)

I think this might be worth its own thread...
Eric, elsethread you said "I sell UHMW and have cut it for more than 10 years."
Please consider yourself invited to toot your horn - a lot of woodworkers find ourselves in need of this stuff from time to time. Are you (or do you want to be) a small-quantity source?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

What Morris said....

Hi guys,
Toot.
I have UHMW sheet from time to time at my online store;
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-Great-Industrial-Garage-Sale__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Not much right now - I just recently moved the store from ebay Canada to the main site and I haven't got everything up and running yet. Most of what we have is UHMW blocks and Rod stock.
I do have Delrin in the store and I'm adding more over the next week or so. I consider Delrin superior to UHMW because it's more stable dimensionally and it acts like it's more slippery than UHMW despite the fact that the specs say it's not.
I also make the UHMW assortments that you'll see in Woodcraft and Lee Valley tools;
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4299
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p=43210&cat=3,43576,43581
The coloured UHMW is no longer available ( the supplier disappeared on us), but what's in the bags is the best deal on UHMW you'll likely find. There are assortments of long pieces as well - Woodcraft has an SKU for them, but you'll have to go to Lee Valley's store to find them because they won't ship them.
I have also made a Help center for UHMW - how to cut it, drill it, rout it, etc - you can always email me through that;
http://groups.google.com/group/uhmwtips

Wazzat den?
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron
Jeff Gorman wrote:

AKA UHMWPE - Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene
It's a dense, soft, non-porous, high-lubricity plastic favored for use in fences, sliding parts, and jigs.
There're photos of UHMW used for shop-built vacuum clamp bodiess at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/VacuumPuck /
and for non-marring clamp pads to which glue doesn't stick at
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/DrawerClamp /
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar